“Not really value for money”
Review of Kind Living Cafe - CLOSED

Kind Living Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Yaroomba QLD
“Not really value for money”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Went there on a Sunday after I convinced my partner to try it with me (we are both vegetarians and I love to experiment with fresh, interesting food). There weren't many people when we arrived but because it was close to lunchtime, it was full by the time we finished ordering our food. I ordered a chai latte with cashew milk which was really tasty - and no added sugar which I actually appreciate. We had our three year old and nine month old boys with us, so I ordered a juice for the older one which my partner said he would share. This cost $9.95 alone and came out in a tiny tumbler (around 150ml). It was just orange, apple and kombucha (not sure about giving three year olds kombucha but the other juices would not have appealed to him). I questioned the waitress at the small size compared to the price and she said it was because the fruit was organic and the kombucha was expensive. The menu says they use some fancy juicer too but it still seemed very overpriced. I ordered the pancakes and my partner got the kofta balls. The kofta balls were a decent size and tasted nice but my pancakes were very disappointing. They were around the size of pikelets, about 1mm thick and tasted like cardboard. They had a couple of teaspoons of ricotta smeared in the middle and a tiny bit of maple syrup to accompany them. And they cost $16. The boys were hungry because the service was quite slow (we were going to feed them separately after) so I quickly nipped across to the IGA to buy some of those Tip Top pikelets. My partner and I ate some in the car on the way home because we were both still hungry and joked that they were way more satisfying than our food at the cafe. I really want to support places like this because it is so hard to find vegetarian food on the Sunshine Coast but this was a real let down. I would much rather eat at Gopal's in Maroochydore or the Krishna Cafe on Saturdays at Eumundi.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank MissKirstyM

Brisbane, Australia
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great flavours, fresh good with quality ingredients. Not many items to choose from the menu and a bit expensive. If you are a true Vegan (not me!) you will appreciate this authentic restaurant .

• Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Raw food may be okay but raw sour tasting undrinkable coffee - not on”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Being committed to serving raw food is one thing and in this day and age to be admired, but it has to be edible and when serving coffee it must be drinkable. We only dropped in for coffee ordered 2 x decaf soy latte and a cappuccino honestly they were undrinkable. A complete waste of money and not cheap. On checking the limited menu there was nothing that any of us would have ordered. We ended up going up the street and enjoying a real coffee.

• Visited July 2013
Maleny, Australia
“$24 breakfast rip-off”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Purchased a take-away breakfast today and was firstly quite astounded that pancaked would be nearly $16 and caro smoothie nearly $9 in price.

I had previously enjoyed a mushroom soup at this cafe and thought unseen, this would be worth a taste test.

But the biggest shock was the portion size was for rhe peice paid. it was very small and the taste was not at all the delicious whole-food taste I have experienced with raw food cafes in the US or elsewhere in Australia.

Instead the taste was bland and room temperature rather than ice-cold, the pancakes were flat and grainy. Very little fruit or cream, again room temperature rather than being hot or cold

I can't recommend this cafe I'm sorry as the staff also seemed hassled before they had even made time to serve me.

Taste, presentation and serving size all need to improve. For now, simply a rip off in all areas I've just mentioned otherwise.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank KazMaleny
Chiang Rai
“Great for lovers of all things raw”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Nice atmosphere, interesting food and a commitment to all things kind! This place is definitely worth going to just for the experience. Comfortable seating and a feel-good vibe. Even if you are not a vegan or into raw food, this place is worth trying.

• Visited September 2012