“Somewhat of a surprise. . Quite different inside from outside. Wonderful setting by the river, great food and wine and terrifi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pomodoras on Obi

Pomodoras on Obi
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Maleny
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Swap the crowds for a relaxing, award winning, dining experience. Overlooking the Obi Obi Creek, Pomodoras on Obi Restaurant is a peaceful hideaway right in the heart of Maleny. Have a lazy lunch or a romantic dinner by candlelight and relax surrounded by natural wildlife in Pomodoras on Obi's enchanting garden surroundings.
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable lunch. Lovely view of the obi River. Had the lunch special for $35 which included a glass of wine. Wonderful time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MelbourneTraveller10

Australia
“Very enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Dined for lunch out on the balcony overlooking the peaceful view. The service & the food were both faultless. Really enjoyed the desserts & all meals were all very generous.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank stepet77
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
“Had memorable lunch there in March 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Yes we took my Aunt & Uncle there for lunch who was celebrating her 90th birthday that week. It was a second trip there in two days for them .I can understand why its a favourite for them living so close they are really spoilt there...bedrooms look good but where full that night.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank David576
Singapore, Singapore
“Slow food just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We dined in Pomodoras for dinner and breakfast as part of our stay and dine package. I'll start with dinner. We had a 3-course dinner which was served in just over the course of 2 hours. We didn't feel that the food however, was worth the wait. The entrees (I had soup, hubby had calamari) were a generous portion and quite good. The problem was with the mains. My husband had the rib-eye steak, medium rare, while I had the duck. The presentation and flavours were good, but both dishes were dry and hard. The desserts were definitely the best part of the meal.

Breakfast was much quicker thankfully. We had the big breakfast which was the average Aussie big breakfast.

Service was average and could be better. For example, the wait staff asked us how was our meal, but turned her back away from us before we replied, which indicated a lack of sincerity.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank vsej1128
Nambour, Australia
“Generally very good but not that night! Sorry...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My friends brought me for a birthday dinner, I have been before twice for lunch, the service and food was wonderful. The setting is beautiful during the day. Our entrée was beautiful and two of us ordered the steak (rib eye I believe) to be cooked med - I can honestly say it was dreadful. I didn't like to say anything as who wants to moan on a special occasion but eventually everyone at the table commented on how bad they were. We brought it to our waiters attention and he removed the plates. We weren't offered another main course.
When the bill arrived we had been charged in full and at this point were very disappointed. Once more we brought it to the staffs attention and they removed it. I feel they would have accepted full payment if we hadn't queried the charge, again very disappointing. Obviously the owner noticed the lack of payment when going through her receipts a couple of days later and contacted my friend who had made the booking. She reassured her that this wasn't normal practice and apologised for the poor experience. I felt that was excellent customer service but I would be concerned that if we had paid in full this would never have been brought to her attention. I will give pomodoras another go as I have generally had a lovely dining experience but maybe not for a special occasion and not in the very near future.

• Visited April 2013