“"ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Maleny
Brisbane
“"ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My sister-in-law, niece and myself have just returned from a "Pamper Yourself Package" at Maleny Lodge. How could I have left 10 years between visits. Our package included an hour massage, hour facial, eyebrow wax and lash tint. It is pure heaven for ladies. From the moment you step through the front door Lorraine and Trevor make everyone feel so "at home". They say "laughter is good for the soul" and there was plenty of it. I really did sleep in "Grandmas feather bed". The breakfast is amazing and Trevor gave only a hint of his secret recipe for the breakfast juice.

II know we could have escaped to many quiet areas in the home but Lorraine and Trevor we enjoyed your company so much and you certainly made yourself available to chat. There are many things we can say Thank You for but the biggest surprise was our champagne and strawberry covered chocolate cake.....a birthday present to us. What can I say, the whole stay was "ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS"...........Ailsa

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Maclean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

One of the nicest bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed in. The accommodation is gorgeous, lovely comfortable bed and modern en-suite. The lounge room is cosy and inviting. The hosts, Lorraine and Trevor, are outstanding and you just could not ask to stay with nicer people. The breakfast room and breakfast itself were sensational.

I can not recommend this lovely B'n'B high enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

from the second you're greeted Lorraine and Trev ensure that you have the most unique, relaxing and enjoyable weekend away. the house is beautifully kept and the hospitality is by far some of the best ive ever experienced, in anywhere in the world that ive stayed. you are made to feel as at home as possible and being able to have a night cap with other guests and the hosts, in front of the beautiful open fire certainly helps that. the location is awesome, a short few min walk to shops and restaurants..breakfast was our favourite part, the fresh fruit and local produce, then cooked breakfast to order!!!all sitting round the most beautiful dining table ive ever eaten at :) very, very reccomended

we cant wait to come back!

Room Tip: not the best place if you are trying to stay on a tight budget, but well worth the dollars
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

My partner and I were invited to a dear friends wedding and were advised to "get in quick" for accommodation in Maleny. As the event was special, we wanted to make the whole trip a night we wouldn't forget. We researched around online and called all the motels/hotels/B&Bs in the area including Montville. From the first view of the easy to navigate website, to the initial follow up call from my enquiry Lorraine was warm, wonderful, charming and welcoming (much like the Lodge itself!). The week prior to our stay, I emailed Lorraine to confirm our stay and to advise that a bus would be collecting us at 145pm for the wedding. Without any prompting on my behalf, Lorranie emailed back (with in an hour) and invited us to come up early to have more time to get ready!!

From the moment we arrived and rang the doorbell, we felt welcome. Lorraine and one of the house cats met us at the door and we were invited in like old friends. Instantly we felt at home. We were given the grand tour of this wonderful old home (which has been maintained and refurbished beautifully) and shown to our suite. We stayed in one of the double suites with ensuites which was the perfect size for a night away. Lovely touches in the room were the amenities, bottled water and after dinner mints. A large double bed with canopy (we are both 5foot10/11) with crisp clean linen. We had a vistor (who was carried in by myself who spent 45 minutes with us curled up and the bottom of the bed while we relaxed with a nice cup of tea as we got ready for the wedding. We required an iron to which Lorraine was more than happy to supply with a warm smile.

Wedding was lovely and when we arrived "home", the bedside lamp and the in room heater were both turned on which was a lovely touch. Slept through the whole night in the comfy bed and woke up to the alarm at 0745.

The lodge was at high capacity and with breakfast at 0800, I was worried about the level of hot water may be lacking as we had slept in rather late. Worry not! Both my partner and I had hot showers and were only 5 minutes late to breakfast.

The dining room was set up with a range of museli's on a side table and on the table awaiting us was freshly squeeze juice, a selection of jams and a bowl of fresh cut fruit.

Trevor offerred tea and coffee whilst Lorraine brought out Maleny yogurt and warm crossiants. The Yogurt was creamy and the best I have tasted! Next out came the menus and our choice of cooked breakfast (Omlette, eggs any way with bacon, mushrooms... with sides to order) I had poached eggs with bacon. Breakfast came out as couples which was cute and my eggs were prefectly runny!!!!

I have stayed at alot of B&Bs around Australia, New Zealand and USA and found the Maleny lodge to be simply the best. The home, the decor, the feel and warmth and above all of the hospitality of the hosts Trevor and Lorraine (not to mention the cats). From the moment you arrive, to the end of your stay, you feel like an old friend or family popping in for a visit. I look forward to returning in the summer to enjoy the gardens a swim in the pool.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and see you soon!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Had business to attend to and had to go solo. What a lovely warm and friendly welcome! Nothing was too much trouble and the location was perfect. Central to everything and walking distance to shops, banks & local eateries. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful with a great choice of local produce. Tea & coffee was abundantly supplied throughout the whole stay & that cosy fireplace was just too hard to drag myself away from. Loved the old world decor and beautiful fresh clean linen. Managed to get some work done on the wrap around verandah watching the world go by. There is a pool there which would make a summer stay even more inviting! Wonderful hosts who just couldn't make you feel more at home. A definite plus on all levels!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Maleny Lodge over a weekend for a friend's wedding and we couldn't speak highly enough of Lorraine and Trevor as hosts of the manor. We immediately felt welcome and they ensured that our stay was enjoyable...and warm as it was the middle of winter! The breakfast was sensational and the rooms were quaint and comfortable. Thanks Lorraine and Trevor we will definitely be back!

Doug and Leonie

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I have stayed at the Maleny Lodge twice and on both occasions I have thoroughly enjoyed myself so much so I didn't want to leave. The property is exquisite with absolute attention to detail, spacious rooms that have been beautifully decorated and lush, green grounds that are very inviting. There is the scent of fresh flowers wafting from the minute you walk in the door of this beautiful manor and you are greeted by two of the most hospitable people I have ever had the pleasure of staying with, Lorraine and Trevor. I was made to feel more like family then a house guest and on both occasions, I spent a lot of time sitting by the fabulous fireplace with chatting and drinking freshly ground coffee with Lorraine and Trevor.

The property is perfectly situated in the main street close to all the cosy little cafes and first class restaurants that Maleny has to offer. There are a lot of quaint gift shops where wares are made locally plus there is the fabulous cheese shop which sells Maleny cheese that has to be sampled.

I can't finish this review without commenting on the breakfasts that Lorraine and Trevor offer. Fresh fruit and the creamiest yogurt that I have ever tasted, warmed croissants, freshly squeezed Orange Juice and your choice of hot cooked breakfast - what more can you ask for. You can either sit in the gorgeous dining room or out on the verandah, either option is a lovely place to have breakfast.

I am planning on making a visit to Maleny Lodge an annual event and will definately spead to word to my friends. I must also mention that as a wedding venue, this place is perfect as everthing you need it right there in one place, gorgeous surroundings to have both the ceremony and reception plus rooms for guests to stay. So if you were planning on getting married, I am positive Lorraine and Trevor would do the absolute best to ensure your day would be fabulous, classy and unique.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleny
Clouds of Montville
Maleny Tropical Retreat
Hotel Maleny
Hotel Maleny
#11 of 16 in Maleny

Been to Maleny Lodge? Share your experiences!