“Great coffee spot”
Review of Coffee Works

Coffee Works
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Mareeba
More attraction details
Owner description: Coffee Works is home of Coffee World-Ultimate Tasting & Museum experience. Guests are invited to indulge in the world's finest flavors of coffee, tea, chocolate and liqueur - they can have as much as their tummies can handle! Then they can explore the most significant assembly of coffee making treasures - worldwide! They even get their own audio guide to lead them through the sensational maze.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Service, atmosphere coffee and chocolate are all fantastic. Great place to go for a drink with friends. I find the shop section with clothes & furnishings & home-wares a little overpriced, but great for a look around. The gelato is amazing though!!

All reviews
"audio tour"
"chocolate lovers"
"music playing"

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We picked up a $5 off entry voucher for each adult at lake tinaroo holiday park which makes entry into the tasting area much more reasonable at $14pp. Great coffee variety & chocolate tasting. Museum was very interesting too

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The coffee there isn't bad. The chocolate is tasty but I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about. After waiting for 15 mins to order and then another 15 to get our drinks I was expecting a slightly better than average drink. It was good but I've had just as good or better at the junction cafe. Worth a stop if you're in the neighborhood but don't expect too much.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was to be my 4th visit to a (former) favourite spot in the Atherton Tablelands. I live elsewherre in Queensland, but love to take visitors up for a visit. Well. Never again will I go to Coffee Works. They have got too big for their britches. Yes, the place has a great collection of coffee paraphernalia and yummy stuff to eat, drink and shop for. But now they have instituted a paid admission for Tastings (called the Coffee World Experience and costs around $20? I forget and price is not advertised on their website) which turns out ot be a whole lot of those vacuum jugs full of flavoured coffees which were made by a process unknown. The "Free admission" consists of being pointed in the direction of their gift shop and restaurant, which would have been fine ... BUT...
I brought 3 friends, from overseas, who all bought admission to the tasting room. They were given a brightly coloured sticker to put on their shirt to prove they had paid. I had had coffee with breakfast and was not in the mood for tasting any more, but was curious to see what was in the "Coffee Experience" side of things, so I sort of wandered in with them. Immediately, a staff member pounced on me and said I was not allowed in without paying. I said I didn't want to taste any coffee and couldn't I just see what was in there? NO. Not a chance. I was "welcome" to go to the gift shop / restaurant... which I was going to do afterwards anyway. I was just curious about what was to be "experienced".
But I went to MacDonalds instead.
And I will NOT be bringing any more of my overseas friends there again.

1  Thank C G
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wow....it has it all , great greeting staff, unlimited coffee & teas (all types) , chocolates (all types) and a very well laid out museum. We also had lunch in between all of above, still don't know how we fitted it in but we did. Had a steak burger which was cooked on a BBQ...yummy, very tender meat. Walked out very full but very happy campers.
Hint: Look for the discount vouchers on some of the tourist brochures before getting there. They happily accepted the voucher.

1  Thank Sue S