“Quirky Gem”

Ranked #1 of 1 Maroochydore B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Quirky Gem”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I've never stayed in any motel quite as interesting as this one! Every room has a different theme (we stayed in the "Blue Room") and the big pink sign was hard to miss (the hotel was called Annie's when we stayed)!

While the rooms aren't "new" (the bathrooms are a little outdated), they were clean and had all the basic features.

The owner was very hospitable and accommodating - we were a little late arriving on the coast than initially indicated, but a quick phone call to her and secondary arrangements were made with absolutely no hassels. We were very impressed that she went out of her way and kept her office open a little later just for us. She even gave us a tour of all the other (empty, of course) rooms!

The hotel itself is located within walking distance to Aerodrome Rd and the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Arthur B, Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for the fantastic feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
melbourne
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My daughter and I have just spent a night in the pink room and enjoyed our stay there. Everything was booked out and we were only able to stay in apartment for 8 nights and needed 1night before flying home. The rooms were clean, we loved the attention to detail and we slept soundly without any noise. The motel is in a great location and the managers were extremely obliging and genuinely appreciated any feedback that we supplied. We had to check out at 10 and they stored our gear in their own home , something the apartment we stayed at did not do.We appreciated the pool and BBQ area. The managers offered people the chance to buy BBQ packs, supplied utensils and a fridge to use. All rooms have bowls cutlery etc to use. We felt very safe here and nothing was too much trouble for the managers . Thanks again

Room Tip: Decide on a theme and enjoy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank aussiewendy
MaroochyMbm, Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we are striving to turn the motel into a place where everyone who stays, has a enjoyable and comfortable time.
Toowoomba
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This motel is a themed room motel and I had booked the family room. There were lots of soft toys here which we didn't need as our family consisted of my husband, myself and our adult son, but having said that, a family with children would have loved the toys. The room was a corner room with no windows but for one night that was fine as there was plenty of daylight coming in through the 3 skylights, but I think if it were an extended stay I would have liked a window. The room was neat, clean, plenty of hot water, close to the beach and eating establishments and was fine for our requirements.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Thank you, we really do appreciate any feedback from our guests, hope to see you again.
Wyreema, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This place that we booked was absolutely disgusting, I have never stayed in such a [--]house room before and paying $150 a night. I am thinking of never using your site again {wotif}. If I was able to back out of it I would have. It was not even safe, there was only 1 door to the room {which is usually normal} but there were no windows so if there was a fire you would be trapped without a window to even try to climb out. There was no heating except for a little blow heater in the cupboard, that didnt even have safety cutout switches and this is meant to be a family room which should be kid friendly. The carpet was well worn,skanky looking and left a musty smell to the room. AND how in the hell can you let a Motel of this quality advertise that they are 4.5 star rating even if it is their word, they would be lucky if you gave it a 2 star rating. And to top it off where everyone smokes outside of their rooms it drifts down the little corridor and fills the room with cigarette smoke. I wont even give it a score out of 10

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Jimmy H
MaroochyMbm, Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Listening to all complaints and compliments, we took over the management of the motel in February endeavour to correct any faults that have been brought to our attention, we have a designated area away from the rooms for all smokers now, we have replaced all the heaters in all the rooms and as far as windows go we cannot change that fact due to the way the motel was built. Everybody is entitled to their opnion, please feel free to read the others as well
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at the Maroochydore Beach Motel. What a surprise to find this treasure. All the rooms are themed - something for everyone. We stayed in the Mediterranean Room. It was large, clean and comfortable. The motel is within walking distance to many eating options and the beach.
Quality for money.
Next time I want to stay in the Bali Room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aussietrippers_1
MaroochyMbm, General Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
We accept any feed back from our guests good or bad, and thank you for your point of view, a first for the calibre of complaint though. Any guest that is not entirely happy is most welcome to come and discuss their complaint with the manager. We endeavour to give the best service to all our clients.
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Interesting and fun decor, plenty of room and close to everything but we heard no noise during the night. Spotless linen and comfortable beds . I need to be in Cotton tree twice a year and won't bother looking anywhere else. being able to book in for one night is so good as most insist on at least two nights. Manager was friendly and helpful, Well done Annies. Cheers Lara

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lara T
Home Counties
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I found this hotel in the 'Rough Guides: East Coast Australia' book and stayed here in September 2011, as part of a three week East Coast tour. I have always been pleased with Rough Guides reccommendations in the past, and this was no exception.

The location of the motel is excellent firstly; just a short walk to shops, restaurants and the beach (I used to go and walk on it late at night) and if you go a little further you will be in the main centre of Maroochydore where there is even more variety. Annie gave me lots of leaflets about takeaways and places to eat, and some discount vouchers for breakfast at a beach cafe, which were most helpful! If you are planning to go to Australia Zoo the courtesy bus stops on First avenue, about 5 minutes walk away. There is a good Airport transfer service available (to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast) which will stop there.The motel itself was just delightful; Annie was very friendly to me when I first checked in, and she asked me about my plans and gave me some helpful tips. She got me some fresh milk, which I always prefer to the vacuum packed little cartons which you usually get! Another nice surprise was her collection of parrots, which were adorable. Each room in this motel has its own individual design, and I stayed in a 'Hollywood' room, which had Elvis/Marilyn Monroe decor. This could have been really tacky, but it wasn't. I managed to see a few other rooms; there was a tiger- and pink-themed which I noticed, which again looked fun. My room was very spacious and bright (the biggest I'd stayed in thus far, compared to the more compact city hotel rooms), with a big fridge, TV, huge dressing table/'worktop' area, tea and coffee and hairdryer, all of which worked perfectly. The wardrobe was a good size and there was an iron and ironing board provided. My bed was huge and comfortable, and the bathroom (with a spacious shower) was also quite large and well-lit. Vending machines were provided for snacks and drinks too, which was quite handy. Regarding security, each room has 2 sets of sliding doors, inner and outer, which could be securely fastened and I felt quite safe there. My room was cleaned properly every day of my stay.

The only thing I would mention - and I don't see it as a problem as such, more something to bear in mind - is that there is no Internet access available. This was not really a problem for me (and in any case there was a small Internet cafe not far from the motel), but other people may want to consider this aspect.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at this refreshingly different place, and would go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PoshRegan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
Argyle On The Park
Argyle On The Park
#9 of 43 in Maroochydore
Maroochy River Resort & Bungalows

Been to Maroochydore Beach Motel? Share your experiences!