“Great location, great price”

Maroochydore Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Maroochydore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed here for one night at Easter 2013. The good thing is that I was able to pre-book a room for one night ($120 for 1 person), when most other places in the area required a minimum stay.

On arrival, my room was not ready, but the kind owner/manager allocated me another room so I could get settled in and he also provided me with fresh milk. Parking was allocated for each unit so there was no confusion about where to leave the car.

The room felt clean and fresh and was decorated with portraits of Elvis, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and there was also a working guitar on the wall. Also some other quirky touches in the room such as sparkly cushions etc.

There was air con, flat screen tv, long bench with chairs and a small lounge. Small fridge and jug. There was even a lovely touch of a couple of little Easter eggs for guests.

Modern bathroom with a big skylight and enough room on the vanity to place my toiletries.

Easy walk to beach, restaurants and shops. Road seemed to be fairly quiet. It was NOT located near the mad traffic of the Sunshine Plaza area - so that was a relief for someone who is not familiar with this area.

There was a fish and chip shop across the road that made good potato wedges for what I thought was a reasonable price.

I felt safe staying here by myself.

This place is a little gem and I would definitely stay here again. I think this is about the first excellent rating I have given - but I really enjoyed my stay for the one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were looking for a resonably priced motel for a quick getaway over the Easter weekend. We chose this motel based on the good reviews and we were not disappointed. We were given the Paris style room which was just lovely. The motel is in a quiet location, short walk to the beach and local restaurants. Maroochydore is quieter then neighbouring Mooloolaba which may or may not suit people depending on requirements. We ate out in Mooloolaba which was only a short taxi ride away - local bus also available.

Room Tip: The Paris room was very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I found this motel on Trip Advisor and was very happy I booked it. The room No. 19 had a floral theme. The room was very clean and the drinking glasses were spotless. Staff very friendly and a great source of information about the best local shops for takeaway fish and chips (next to the Cotton Tree Laundromat) and Indian food (Sagrat at Alexandra Headland) - these shops were all within walking distance. Maroochydore beach is a 2 minute walk away and there are walking and bicycle paths everywhere. I'll be there next year.

Room Tip: The bed was good however the room was rather bright at night as a street light was shining nearby...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great value for money, extremely clean and comfortable.. When away from home and busy taking in the local activities you go there for, this is perfect to end your busy day and prepare for the next.. Will definitely be staying again..!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Sursofinvermay
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Great Place to stay. Themed rooms make this older motel pleasantly different. Wonderful friendly staff and spotlessly clean. Central to all shops, eateries and beach being located on 6th. Avenue. Very reasonable tariff. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Check out the themes available when you book and take it from there
1  Thank poppy_gsandycreekqld
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed for one night in the "hollywood" room. It was pretty cool, guitar on the wall, pictures of elvis, marilyn monroe etc on the walls. Definitly not like anywhere i've stayed before!

This may not be the most luxurious place to stay but its clean, comfortable and the staff are very friendly. When you get to the hotel you are actually shown to your room and proper milk is put in the fridge. You dont get service like that much anymore.

We arrived early and were allowed into our room straight away which was appreciated.

The pool is good. There is a fridge and bbq in the pool area as well.
Very close to the beach, just a quick walk about 1 block.

The only thing i would suggest is more towel racks or hooks in the bathroom. After coming back from the beach we couldnt find anywhere to hang beach towels or swimmers because our bath towels were already drying on the towel rack provided. I did notice that towels are provided for the pool, we didnt realise tho until after we used our own.

Overall the room had everything we needed and we had a good stay. We paid $135 for the night which i would say is on the high end of reasonable.
Would stay again.

2  Thank helnmat
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spent one night in the 'Elvis Room' at this old but refurbished motel right in the heart of the accommodation at Maroochydore. One street from the beach and a short walk to plenty of great restaurants and the surf club. Very very clean. All rooms have a theme so it's something different and certainly unusual to find in this area. Lady owner/operator is very helpful and efficient. I arrived early and they did everything to get me in even though the room wasn't finished being cleaned. Aircon worked well. Will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask when you check in which room you'll get (just in case you don't like Elvis) LOL
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
#12 of 44 in Maroochydore
Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy
Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy
#23 of 44 in Maroochydore

Been to Maroochydore Beach Motel? Share your experiences!