“Perfect”

Silver Sea on Sixth
“Perfect”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Best place to stay on the sunny coast, cleanest largest apartments in a perfect location close to all facilities including beach. Perfect place for families to relax and spread out in a beautiful place prior to sporting events or just a holiday.

• Stayed March 2013

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Silver Sea for my 60th Birthday in a 3 bedroom unit...From the phone calls to Jan to inquire about rates and to be told to come up and look at the unit before we booked the experience was wonderful from start to finish. We had a lovely stay, the unit was the cleanest we have ever stayed in. Jan could not have been more helpful and nice. I would recommend the Silver Sea to everyone. Thank You, Carolyn P

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
SilverSeaonSixth, Manager at Silver Sea on Sixth, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thanks so much Carolyn!

I appreciate your feedback, most of all, your enjoyment here at the comlpex!

Look forward to your next stay

Kind Regards

Gympie
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My husband and myself stayed for a couple of nights and the room was clean and spacious, it had everything we needed and was very comfortable. The resort is in a perfect position, beautiful ocean views and sea breezes and close to sunshine plaza,sizzlers and lots of other cafes. The service was very friendly and welcoming and we will be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

SilverSeaonSixth, Manager at Silver Sea on Sixth, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thanks so much!

I do appreciate your kind words.

We go to alot of effort to ensure the apartments are presented in the manner that they are, for the guests, and the owners whom entrust their investment with us!

We try to make sure that the whole complex is clean and inviting and that everyone wants to return.

We look forward to your next visit!

Regards
Nerang, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was great but I had a very poor customer service experience. Long story short, after not having any hot water for almost 2 days (which meant cold showers in winter) I enquired about a reduction on the bill. This was refused. When I got home I emailed Silver Sea management to inform them of my poor experience. The reply I received was quite aggressive and clearly stated that I was only looking for a reduction on my bill because I could afford to stay in the first place.

After leaving a poor review on trip advisor, I received a call from Silver Sea management. The man who called me was extremely aggressive and used very foul language. He demanded I remove my review (he swore heavily at this point) and threatened legal action. As I suggested to him, I have removed the post and left details of his call instead. He did not seem concerned.

Throughout this whole experience, I have not received a single apology. Only the accusation that I have been lying about the cold water and that I merely couldn't afford to stay so am trying to get a discount. Rather than a simple apology, I have received insults and threats.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Robert T
SilverSeaonSixth, Manager at Silver Sea on Sixth, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
I thank Trip Advisor for the opportunity to respond to this review.

It cannot be denied that in theory, and for what the website was originally designed for, Trip Advisor is an extremely valuable resource for prospective holiday makers in getting a feel for their possible accommodation destination.

Regrettably though, as evidenced by the countless letters and articles regarding Trip Advisor by Resident Managers and Accommodation Providers in associated industry papers and the like, it appears that it has become a haven for a ‘free for all criticism’ of accommodation suppliers by the disgruntled, the bullies, the aggrieved or just the unscrupulous persons amongst us. Most unfortunately, it is all performed under cowardly anonymity.

If one was to put their name to a piece, giving it at least some semblance of credibility, it would make the playing field just that little bit fairer. As it stands, the premises and the Manager are ‘up in lights’ for all to see, whilst the poster hides behind an untraceable and made up email address. The fact is that the Manager will ALWAYS know who it is who posts, as it will always follow a threat, an ultimatum, or a confrontation, perceived or real.

Once again, I find myself addressing a factually incorrect posting here on Trip Advisor from a disgruntled guest who did not like the fact that we would not succumb to their his threats and demands, with this being the second and revised review from this man.

Whilst this poster tries to make himself look hard done by, he was anything but, with his initial posting a bunch of lies, and his email to me, including of a threat.

As you can most probably gauge, Mr T did not like the response I gave to his lies, and most importantly, his threats. I make NO apology for that!

Regrettably, it appears that people such as this man are the people that bother to go through the Trip Advisor registration phase to post reviews, somehow satisfying their feeling of being hard done, and intent on ‘teaching the Manager a lesson’.

That Silver Sea on Sixth Resort enjoys over 75% of it’s patronage from return guests, mostly of middle aged and beyond guests, it is not surprising that we do not get many reviews.

As explained to this guest, Managers do not appreciate the bullying tactics, threats, and comments that can affect the earning capacity of the manager and his/her family. There are better ways to do so, perhaps through Resident Management and Fair Trading authorities.

I will reaffirm, that I, nor anyone representing my company, will accept being threatened.

I WILL NOT stand for the threats made by this poster in his emails.

To those thinking of staying at Silver Sea on Sixth Resort, if you enjoy first class, incredibly clean and spacious apartments with the best of amenities, service and security, please give me a call or drop me an email. I would love the opportunity to accommodate you for the stay of your life here with us….you make your own mind up!

Resident Manager
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here in June with the family in a 3 bedroom unit. This place was amazing, it was spotlessly clean and we couldn't fault it. The unit was huge, you can even escape to one of the bedrooms at the back to get some peace.

The views of the water are great, could spend hours on the balcony,

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank itsmebarbs
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I am a travel agent. I inspected this property myself - it is fantastic! I would stay here without hesitation. The views are amazing, and the rooms are modern and well equipped.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank penstar_67
, Manager at Silver Sea on Sixth, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank You for your review!

We agree, and believe your review accurately portrays the complex.

Look forward to your next visit!

Toowoomba
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We stayed in the penthouse for 3 nights and were delighted. It looked great on the website but it was even better than that. It was spacious, clean and very well appointed. The views were fantastic.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
Oceans Mooloolaba
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
Chateau Royale Beach Resort
Chateau Royale Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Maroochydore

Been to Silver Sea on Sixth? Share your experiences!