“My new favorite place to stay”
Review of Sundeck Gardens

Sundeck Gardens
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm embarrassed to admit that after having holidayed at Alex Headlands for over 20 years, I've only just now discovered how fantastic Maroochydore is.
The last time we were at Alex the traffic noise was unbearable, so I wanted to find something quieter.
I found Sundeck Gardens through tripadvisor and decided to book based on the reviews, and the the fact that they were opposite the beach and away from the traffic.
The top floor unit I booked was fantastic!
Firstly, the living area was huge. The bedrooms (2) we're good sized and the beds very comfortable. The kitchen had everything a family would need for an extended stay.
Everything was spotlessly clean and relatively modern.
Great views from the balcony, and even better from the massive (private) roof top terrace.
There's a family park across the road as well as direct access to the beach. The patrolled beach is only a few hundred meters away as is the surf club.
There's plenty of restaurants and fast food places within 5 minutes walk.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah P, Manager at Sundeck Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

We are so glad that you discovered us and the beauty of Maroochydore!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I loved every minute of my stay here at Sundeck Gardens, the apartment was huge and so well-maintained. Big sofa, comfy beds, fresh linen and towels and all the amenities(and extra) needed to cater for our group. Two pools, sauna, spa and the beach a measly two minutes walk from our apartment made our holiday from the big city even more special. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful whenever we encountered them and we all were thrilled with our time here in Maroochydore. The managers Deb and Ian are also running a health retreat service which sounds amazing and we are only sorry that we did not get time to take advantage of this too.

Highly recommend anyone to stay here and enjoy the serenity and peace of Sundeck Gardens.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor apartment which had front access to the pool, and large front and back b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My young family had the most wonderful time at Sundeck Gardens. The management was so friendly and thoughtful, by giving us a ground floor unit with huge courtyard, knowing we had small children and I wouldn't be comfortable with a balcony! And the location! We began every morning with a stroll to the beautiful beach right across the road (of course the kids had to play in the playground first!) and then came back for a dip in the pool which was right outside our apartment! About the apartment... HUGE it the first word to desrcibe it! Modern, spacious and beautiful are other words as well! My kids actually kissed the walls when we left! They were in love! We will be back for sure!!

1  Thank Jayne840

Awww that is soo cute to hear about your kid's new love! We can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a great time at this fantastic location. Very spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, 2 pools and under cover parking. Beach across the road, shops and restaurants within walking distance. Walk to King St Markets on Sundays. Balcony over-looking the beach and bar-b-que near pool with tables and chairs. Heaps of cutlery, crockery and even a games cupboard with boogie board and bucket and shovel for the kids use on the beach. We had apartment number 16 but I think they would all be furnished to a similar standard i.e. excellent.

2  Thank Shazza_123_Oz
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Discovering Sundeck Gardens has been a blessing and my sons and I love the warm homely feeling we get from staying there… it has become our second home and my favourite place to stay. The management are super friendly and helpful. We have been staying at Sundeck for almost a year now every second week and have got to know the apartments and management very well. The fully air-conditioned apartments are very modern, clean and spacious and have character and a private and cosy atmosphere. They include a large open style lounge and dining area. The kitchen faces onto the lounge area and has everything you need, including a stovetop, oven, dishwasher and medium size fridge. The laundry has a washer and dryer... just about everything you need.

My sons and I enjoy swimming in the heated pool and spa which is out the back in the very private BBQ and entertaining area which also includes a sauna and lovely tropical gardens. For the hot days there is also a very nice non-heated swimming pool in the front gardens. All the gardens are beautifully maintained. We also enjoy playing soccer in the park directly across the road which includes a playground, bbq and amenities and leads directly onto the beach which often has great surf. The Maroochydore surf lifesaving club is only 200 meters along the beach. A Skate park as well as Alexandra headlands and Mooloolaba Surf clubs are not far in the other direction. Lots of surf and beach action buzzing with fun.
Although it feels very private, Sundeck is located in the heart of the sunshine coast and right on the esplanade. The library is just around the corner and the Mooloolaba esplanade is just a 5 minute ride or 15 minute walk and is truly divine beach location. It includes shopping, cafes and is one of my favourite beach locations in the world. It has such a nice character about it, very fresh and alive yet relaxed and laid back, people sitting back… drinking coffee… reading the paper and enjoying their holiday. This place really has that atmosphere about it. And Mooloolaba beach is one of the most beautiful and well maintained tropical beach locations I have ever seen. A great place and a must see. Along with this Maroochydore also has a few major shopping centres and many award winning restaurants, mostly well priced… many food options to choose from.

Room Tip: There are three levels. The ground level offers a nice size court yard out the front and back and in...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I love Sundeck Gardens - pure and simple. Our family has been coming here in it's many phases and stages since 2003 and it never disappoints. From toddlers to teenagers, in laws to mates. there is always something for everyone. Gorgeous, self contained, 2 apartments with a 2 minute walk (literally!) to shops, cafes, restaurants, bus stops, information centre and playgrounds leave nothing for you to do but relax, have fun and enjoy yourself.
Maroochydore beach is right across the street, which unlike it's counterparts, is a quiet, one lane affair. Having been to Waikiki, Kuta, Bondi and Coral Coast I would have to say that Maroochydore Beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. Full stop!
Wonderful new(ish:))management , Deb and Ian, have introduced an optional health retreat aspect with massage, holistic counselling and many other modalities available. They are only too happy to help.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Top floor boasts roof spas which are perfect to watch the sun go down with a glass of something cold...
2  Thank Julie L

We are so happy to hear about your 10 years + of great memories here at Sundeck Gardens. Here's to more memories to come.... Can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful location, a stones throw away from the sands of maroochydore beach. Great if you love to surf or even just to lie on the beach, personally I cant surf but I gave it my best try. The staff let me rent out a surf board which was perfect for a first go! The
Unit I stayed in was clean and comfortable, it really had a relaxing vibe and the staff were also very helpful, answering my questions with really impressive knowledge of psychology and yoga. All in all a brilliant stay! Definitely going to return in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013