“Very relaxed holiday”

and 1 more site!
Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 days and had perfect weather. Our site was near the front of the park so we were close to the amenities, kiosk and kids play area. Our site was large and private and shaded by a huge tree. Fishing staight across road and beach a 5 min drive. We all enjoyed ourselves. Only downside was the kids couldn't ride their bikes though we did take them straight across road and went down to the island. Bring mosi coils for dusk!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Not impressed on the spend people drive threw the park , I'm thinking it may be the permanent residents , it's odvious they don't think of the kids , given ur not allowed bikes or scooters any wonder why's kids are getting run over. It says 5 km in my 3 night stay I never seen anyone doing less then 10-15 it's dangerous . Maybe speed humps or a good talking 2 may prevent any serious accident ..

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, it was average and really high priced for what you get. There is rules EVERYWHERE.. And the owner is grumpy and seems to monitor EVERYTHING..the kids did enjoy it but weren't allowed to use their scooters which I think is pretty ridiculous!!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was impressed with the park. Mainly that it is catered for families, which is awesome. The pool was one of my favourite things about the park. The cabin itself was decent and tidy. The only thing I would complain about is the beds, the double bed honestly felt like I was sleeping on bricks. The triple bunks reminded me somewhat of a prison cell. Other than that it was an enjoyable stay and I plan to stay there again in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Choose a Villa that is right next to the pool. Like the Florida Villa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014

For the price we paid (one of the more expensive caravan parks on our 12 day trip up the coast), we felt that Maroochy Palms left a lot to be desired. When we arrived they parked us in a terrible afterthought of a site (in spite of asking for a shady site on a quiet street when we booked online weeks in advance)... meanwhile there were rows and rows of shady, quiet sites completely empty. Fortunately, they were okay with us moving to a better site. The amenities were clean and well cared for and the trees were nice. Big4 will need to reconsider their Internet services however since many of the smaller private parks offer free wifi- we stopped booking at Big4 because of this inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A well run park, clean, convenient and comfortable.
Gardens were well maintained. The cabin we stayed in had a double bed- needed an upgrade- but linen was fresh and crisp, extra pillows and towels were provided and kitchen was well equipped.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We paid over $1000 for a weeks accommodation over New Years and were not very satisfied with our stay. Upon arrival the villa appeared clean and tidy. However upon closer inspection there was mildew on the roof, dust covered fans/blinds and broken and missing appliances. On day 2 we went out in the morning only to come home and find that little black ants had invaded our villa. They were all over the kitchen bench and in the food we had bought the previous day. Thankfully we had only opened one box of crackers that we had to throw out. As we carried our sleeping son into the bedroom, I peeled back the sheets of the double bed only to find the ants were all through the bed too! I went to reception to explain the situation and get fresh sheets and some fly spray. No apology was offered and I felt the lady who served me was not very concerned. Fresh sheets were sent to the villa, along with fly spray. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time and it would have been great if they could have changed the sheets for me. We had booked a week away to relax, not to change bedding and clean up hundreds of ants. The ants did return in dribs and drabs for the remainder of our stay but we kept the fly spray and made sure we cleaned up straight away after every meal, swept the floor daily and kept all our food in the fridge or microwave. Comfort wise, the cabin was not great. Double bed was too small for my husband (who is tall) and myself (heavily pregnant) to sleep in. My husband had to sleep on the kitchen floor on a couple of single mattresses, while I shared the double bed with my 2 year old. We originally choose the park as it looked like a great place to take a small child. It had a playground, jumping pillow, pool, mini golf etc. Our first visit to the playground revealed that it was more suited to 5 years and older and some equipment was missing/run down. The jumping pillow always had big kids on it so my little boy could only go on with his daddy. Games room was pretty poor and the pool certainly wasn't as big as it appeared in advertising photos. All in all our stay was pretty average, but we made the most of our stay for our little boy. He was having a good time so that was the main thing. Office staff, except for one lady with medium brown hair were not very friendly either.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
3 mi away
Alex Beach Cabins & Tourist Park
Alex Beach Cabins & Tourist Park
#2 of 15 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy? Share your experiences!