“Great experience, total relaxation.”
Review of Beach on Sixth

Beach on Sixth
Brisbane
“Great experience, total relaxation.”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We recently spent 6 nights at these wonderful holiday apartments. We had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 8th floor and we couldn't fault one single thing. The view was amazing, the apartment was extremely well decorated and very spacious with the latest up to date appliances. We found it to be very clean and was a credit to the managers. The apartment certainly had the "wow" factor. These apartments would be more than ideal for a family, as there is just so much room, unlike some of the pokey apartments we have previously stayed in and payed a lot more for. The balconies are also spacious, and we were lucky enough to have 2, one facing the beach and the other overlooking the river and mountains - what more could be want?. Nothing - we will definitely be back. Thanks Leanne for your friendliness and for being a good hostess.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Liz, thank you so much for your fabulous review, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other trip advisor readers. We hope to see you back soon, regards Lynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Our recent 7 nights stay was Great! The apartment was spotless, beds were very comfortable & kitchen was well appointed with quality European appliances. Our apartment had a lovely, comfortable beach theme throughout - the photos ARE exactly what you get! Our room on the 10th floor had a fantastic view with only a very short stroll across the road to the patrolled surf beach. Not forgetting the lovely pool when the water was a bit rough. Our two small children (7&5) also had a wonderful time. (Two council play parks within scooter distance also keep them busy). The Building is also within walking distance to most amenities - what more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LeanneP329
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear LeanneP329,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very proud of the fact that all our apartments are furnished the same and the photo's portray this - what you see is what you get.

So glad you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful part of the world and we would love to see you back again soon, cheers Lynne
UK
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Accomodation was clean and tidy, although certain areas hadn't been wiped down or dusted in a long long time e.g. thick dust all over top of refrigerator and behind the TV console/floor area including food bits on the floor. Pointed this out to the manager and was met with rudeness and totally unacceptable response. Will not return again in a hurry!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Rosie B
Dear Rosie B,

I don't recall anyone from the UK staying with us in November and I don't recall the name. Neither myself or any of my other 2 staff members recall a complaint about cleanliness.

We take cleanliness & hygiene very seriously as all other reviews are testament to. We have never had a complaint before about cleanliness and I would be appalled to think that our apartments were not kept to the highest possible standard.

If you would like to email me the name the booking was in I will certainly investigate this further as it is not acceptable in our establishment.
Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Had a really great experience here.
The apartment is very spacious, the deco beachy, and the kitchen fantastic!
This is a perfect place for a casual family holiday by a really wonderful unspoilt beach.
My family had 3 apartments , all differing in size. All 3 were a really great space with huge balconies.
I would suggest to book a room above the 3rd floor, for a view of the ocean.
The host seemed lovely.

Room Tip: book a room above the 3rf floor for a view of the ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank scramble40
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Scramble40,
Thank you so much for your kind review. So glad your family reunion was a success! We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Lynne.
PS: Book early if you want one of the higher floors as they book out very quickly
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

just come back from holidays, once again at Beach on Sixth, I just can't get enough of this place, so lovely and clean and relaxing , as usual Lynne and Nan are just the best hosts, nothing is ever too much trouble and always enjoy their company. I think I need to move there as this was my 5th visit this year.
Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Suzie A,

Thank you for your kind review. We always look forward to your visit's & we enjoy your company. You have become an honourary member of the "Beach on Sixth" family! Look frowatrd to seing you again soon. Cheers, Lynne
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is my third year staying at Beach on Sixth over the Christmas break and I can't wait for my fourth!

Not only is the location, views and surroundings amazing, the host makes it! Lynn and Nan and are so friendly, fun, accomodating and really make you feel so special and welcome!

The units are super clean, modern and so well keep and equip. I have just returned after 10 days and feel so relaxed and refreshed.

I would throughly recommend Beach on Sixth to everyone! It is just the best. I love it more every year!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hi Jen, thanks heaps for your wonderful review! Your Mum, Dad and youself are like part of the family now, so we love having your company every year! Look forward to seeing you in Feb for your birthday weekend - we can celebrate together! Cheers, Lynne
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This was our third visit to Beach on Sixth and without doubt the best in the area. Service, sadly beggars belief! Other than for the lovely Nan - main host Lynne Delaney, from our first-hand experience, was aggressive, hostile, and even went to physically assault me..... HELLO!! The main host needs a serious course in Front Line Hospitality, people skills, and more importantly, ANGER MANAGEMENT..... GUESTS BEWARE...... Sadly, following our recent stay and MAJOR CONFRONTATION/intentional ASSAULT we will NEVER return under the current management. Such a shame for this first class complex to be spoilt by the main host. (refer other reviews below) PS - sorry we didn't have the chance to say goodbye to Nan/Margaret on our departure - you are the best and you are keeping this place "afloat" and an asset to the business. Good luck to you all. Jan & Mike Auckland, NZ

Room Tip: Room 1001 recommended
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jan D
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
This is the unfortunate side of Tripadvisor - when guests use it as a personal vendetta to justify their own bad behaviour.
This review saddens me deeply. We have made many lifelong friends of guests that stay in our complex but we will now be very wary of whom we befriend in the future.
These guests have stayed with us previously. We bent over backwards to make them comfortable. We gave them a free upgrade and then a discounted rate for subsequent stays. They loved our building and our hospitality and have even bought us gifts to say thank you for looking after them. We invited them to join us at Carols by Candlelight and that is when Jan D’s true personality came to light.
The only assault that took place was by Jan D - she physically assaulted my 13 year old son for putting ice down her back. She grabbed him by the neck and pressure point held him to the point that he was paralysed to the spot. When I realised she was serious and not joking around as they had been all evening, I asked her to please release him. She did. I asked what had happened and when she told me he had put ice down her back I made him apologise. I also apologised – on numerous occasions – but was just screamed at and told I was a “molly coddling mother”. I told her to back off as he & I had both apologised – what else did she want from me I wonder?
Jan D, I could have and should have had you charged with child abuse. A security guard witnessed this and told me to calm you down. You were out of line and because I stood up to you, you go and create a personal vendetta in a public forum.
And as for Nan, she has been emotionally scarred for life! She was in tears and terribly upset that her grandson had been physically assaulted. She could not believe someone’s personality could change so much overnight!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
Chateau Royale Beach Resort
#4 of 43 in Maroochydore
Catalina Resort
Catalina Resort
#18 of 43 in Maroochydore

Been to Beach on Sixth? Share your experiences!