“Great menu”

Mulu Char Steakhouse
Price range: US$14 - US$57
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sunshine Coast's waterfront steakhouse. Maroochydore CBD, superior venue, views of the river & live entertainment. Mulu Char brings together influences of Africa with the freshest & finest ingredients using local produce. The grill, centerpiece of the menu with superior prime cuts of meat, we cater for all tastes with a selection of seafood, chicken, vegetarian, gluten-free & African specialties. Feel immersed in the spirit of Africa surrounded by artwork, original artifacts & African music.
Bath
“Great menu”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very good customer service and menu on offer. Parking could be issue for disabled as there is none. The ambience is great and you can eat outside

Visited December 2013

Australia
“Last time .”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Contrary to the previous post I class this as an educated opinion .
I've ate here numerous times and have finally said enough. The last time was for breakfast .
Was sat and the place was only sparsely full. Waited ages for service(which is the norm). The meal presentation and quality I must admit always makes up for the poor service but this time the chef was struggling with the heat and was sweating profusely and wiping his brow in full view of ourselves and the rest of the customers . THIS NOT A GOOD LOOK. As it being a busy time of the year the restaraunt is nowhere near being as populated as other quality premises nearby. This is a good indication..... Fix service and air condition the cook.

sunshine coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will be back....”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Great food great service can't say the prior reviews are close to accurate. Me and my family ate here tonight. The quality was high, starting with service water, menu's on table as we sat down along with a smiling waitress. Food presentation and flavors are amazing and ambiance great. 10/10 dont believe the reviews online obviously uneducated diners.
Ps. Love your steaks.

• Visited January 2014
“Terrible Food, Overpriced, Bad Serviice!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been to many terrible restaurants. However none as badly serviced as Mulu Char.
We arrived at 7.00pm and our order was taken at 7.20pm. Starter (bread with olive oil) not herb bread as stated on the menu arrived at 7.30pm. Along with the kids meal.

8:00pm still no mains so we ask the waitress for an update and we are told that they are short staffed. I might add the restaurant was only 1/3 full.
8.30pm after waiting 1 hour we ask for an update from the kitchen. Only to get no response.
8.45pm our mains arrive. The meat was cold, my wife's eye fillet medium rare and not well-done as she ordered. And to add insult the side salad of 'warm beans' was nothing more than cold over-cooked beans.

All this and a $165.00 Bill at the end. I was very disappointed and embarrassed that I booked such a terrible restaurant for my family's meal. And to top it off the EFTPOS terminal was done so I was directed to the nearest ATM to withdraw cash. I can't say running back to my car and driving off without paying didn't cross my mind.

The worst meal ever and I had to wait 1.5hrs for it. I don't except them to be in business for much longer.

Maroochydore, Australia
“Absolutely dreadful”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Arrived at 7.30 greeted by unfriendly staff after 15 minutes finally took order by 8.45 we were told our food was being plated only to find somehow they forgot how to put bread in a plate for a starter actually they had forgotten so accepted apology and awaited a further 15 minutes for our mains which arrived COLD ! We have never left a restaurant ever and no apology could suffice therefore left ! If they are to survive they need to lift the service and quality ! $36 for a cold meal is completely unsatisfactory I think they need a Gordon Ramsay visit or say goodbye to hospitality industry