“The most disappointing Valentine's meal I have ever had”
Review of Mulu Char Steakhouse - CLOSED

Mulu Char Steakhouse
Price range: US$13 - US$56
Cuisines: Steakhouse, African, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Sunshine Coast's waterfront steakhouse. Maroochydore CBD, superior venue, views of the river & live entertainment. Mulu Char brings together influences of Africa with the freshest & finest ingredients using local produce. The grill, centerpiece of the menu with superior prime cuts of meat, we cater for all tastes with a selection of seafood, chicken, vegetarian, gluten-free & African specialties. Feel immersed in the spirit of Africa surrounded by artwork, original artifacts & African music.
Labrador, Australia
“The most disappointing Valentine's meal I have ever had”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Firstly, let me say that I went to this restaurant a year or so ago, and it was verging on a 5/5 review. Excellent food, good menu choice, great service. Hence my choice of this as a good place to go for a Valentine's Day meal. Well I don't know what has happened in those 12 months, but this was from a service perspective awful.

The menu - My God, a steakhouse (obviously as was) that only offers ONE variety of steak. There are now only 4 main courses, 4 starters, 2 desserts! I am glad I am not a vegetarian, as there was no main course on offer which was vegetarian.

The food - well this is what keeps this from a 1 rating, the food was actually good, steak wasn't cooked quite as I asked for (this is why I order medium to well these days, as you might actually get something done medium rare), but overall it was tasty. The shredded pork I had as a starter was particularly delicious.

The service - Finished the main meal. We were going to have a dessert and another bottle of wine, but gave up after sitting there for 15 minutes with no attention.

The payment - OK, I accept that computer systems go wrong, but would it have taken much to warn us as we entered that EFTPOS wasn't working?

This is a real shame as to me this was a really good local restaurant pretty much ruined from what we saw tonight.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank milkmeister

Cooroy, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's happened??”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We have eaten here many times before & found it excellent but we were very dissappointed the other night.The girl who greeted us was excellent & her service was good( except we had to wait for about 1/2 hour for two cocktails) until we finished our main meal then we seemed to be forgotten.We had to ask for a dessert menu after a long wait & weren't even asked if we wanted tea & coffee.
The menu was a lot shorter than usual & the seafood in a pot was very inadequate & way overpriced.
One of the waitresses looked like she had just been to the gym with leggins & ordinary black t shirt. She looked very unprofessional.All the staff were very polite but we won't be going back.
I often used to buy gift vouchers to but not any more.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mountaingirl322
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The meat was so good! Cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. As well as a good piece of meat the flavours worked perfectly together and we enjoyed every mouthful. Though it is more on the pricey side I would highly recommend it for a date. They had live music when we went which we didn't feel was necessary and took away from the atmosphere but that is the only negative. We will be back once we have saved our pennies!

brisbane
“what has happened?”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

this used to be an excellent restaurant - however the last 2 x we've been there, its been very disappointing, lots of items on the menu were not available and the portion sizes seem to have shrunk, we used to have our office xmas party there, but not again ....whats gone wrong the last 6 months ?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank flamelily_12
Bath
“Great menu”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very good customer service and menu on offer. Parking could be issue for disabled as there is none. The ambience is great and you can eat outside

Visited December 2013