Maroochydore Backpackers Hostel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Maroochydore
See available hotels
Trafalgar Towers(Maroochydore)
Top Spot Motel(Maroochydore)
M1 Resort(Maroochydore)
Beach Motor Inn(Maroochydore)
Maroochy River Motel(Maroochydore)
Elouera Tower(Maroochydore)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We forgot to book for the Australia Day Weekend up at Maroochydore and the only accommodation left was the Backpackers Hostel. We thought why not and so booked the Deluxe Double Room at an incredible low price to what we would normally pay. We went expecting it to be like a camping trip, having never stayed in a Backpackers before, but were surprised with the room which even had a TV, not that we turned it on as we were out most of the time or sitting outside.
My only comment would be that it would be good to see the garden surrounds be cleaned up as the buildings were pleasant to look at and the community area, what one would expect to see with mainly young people staying there. Breakfast was thrown in also in the price as long as you liked weetbix and orange juice or toast and jam, but as we did not expect breakfast this was no problem. We also had a small fridge in our room for drinks and the only thing that I would of liked more would of been a air conditioner, but once again I guess you can not expect everything.

Room Tip: If not a backpacker like us, get that Deluxe Double room as I believe it is the only one with a fridge :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoldar26
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We generally stay 4-5 star. But being only in our rooms to basically sleep, we chose to stay at a hostel as it was only myself and my husband. Rooms were basic, double bed & tv & bedside tables..as well as electricity points.. No fans, but we had a corner room so we had two sets of windows and the weather was nice.. Although I wouldn't stay here in summer..

Staff were friendly, showers & toilets were clean enough, but I would advise to,wear thongs in the bathrooms.. Whew we're warned that the backpackers have Saturday night parties as Sundays is there day off.. And boy did they party..but we were so tired, we slept thru it...

Free breakfast of cereal, toast & fruit was a little bonus. Kitchen and dining was tidy enough.

Overall, for a cheap nights accommodation, it was ok....

Room Tip: Get a corner room, as you have two sets of windows for breeze.. As there is no fans or air con.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a single room for two nights. The room itself was fine; clean with a TV and nicely made comfortable bed. The communal bathroom was pretty gross (toilet okay but showers disgusting) and I didn't use the kitchen but it didn't look very appealing.

You have to walk outside to access the bathrooms, thankfully my room was close to the amenities but probably wouldn't be keen on doing this for more than a couple of nights or in winter. My room wasn't air conditioned or even serviced with a fan so I'd say it would be awfully hot during summer as even halfway through autumn it was very warm here.

Service at check in was not great. Not totally awful but very slow and the girl who served me didn't speak very good English. I almost gave up and left.

There is a nice area with a pool here and a great hang out room with heaps of free movies to watch on DVD. A free breakfast is provided every morning but I can't comment on what it's like as I didn't have it.

This place is pretty noisy. Despite being on a residential street, they insist on playing loud and obnoxious music for hours on end. I've got no idea how they don't cop complaints from the neighbours. They claim to have a zero noise policy after 10pm; this is definitely not the case.

The location is about a 15 minute walk to the Maroochydore town centre and shops at Sunshine Plaza so not too bad in that regard.

While I was satisfied with my room I probably wouldn't stay here again. I did just come from a hostel of a much higher standard in Brisbane however, but even so this place just didn't do it for me.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I wrote this review in the excellent section so people don't get fooled into believing these other reviews are true! It is the manager or staff writting these, it is not possible for someone to think great things of the awful place it should be closed down, there is no clean towels as they state just dirty ones on the shower floors to soak up the dirty water, I was using the bathrooms when the cleaner came to clean & there was no soap & she didn't even clean anything it took her 2 mins. Also there were no toilet seats in ladies loos as they were broken off!!!

Best of luck if you want to stay here, I wouldn't even let my dog sleep on those dirty old beds!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Yearout2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This hostel should not be a YHA the standard is terrible.
Our first room was pitch black with 2 long term girls staying there make up everywhere and there clothes all over our supposed bunks plus underwear drying in the room,basically we couldnt move or even put our bags down!
We asked to move so the girl put us in a empty 4 bed,it wasnt that clean but we felt ok,next thing we realised our room was used as a walk way to a 10 bed dorm full of long termers! They would walk though day/night and leave our door open which lead to outside! We couldnt believe it,plus we didnt feel our bags were safe with people in and out our room.The lockers had dirty old clothes in so you wouldnt want to store your stuff in there.
So the toilets were also disgusting!The ladies had no seats on the toilets,the showers leaked so they had dirty old towels stopping the water,no hand soap.
The kitchen also was dirty,no room to put our food bag as the longtermers took all the space,half left mugs of something gathering mold,bugs and dirt!
The longtermers picking strawberries are very clicky and rude. They dont seem to care about living in such a disgusting place
The blonde english who checked us in was really helpful and filled us in on the area but its just a shame its such a slum as the area is lovely!
We manage to get a refund for our 2nd night and jumped on the greyhound quick!
Stay at the beach backpackers not here!

• Stayed: August 2012