“The Wow Factor”

The Duporth Riverside Apartments
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I have not got enough good things to say about this place. I am shocked to see that it isn't No 1 in Maroochydore ... it is significantly better than Waves for example, for the simple fact that every single one of the 70-odd apartments all have a 180 degree view of the beautiful Maroochy river.

We arrived here after travelling for 28 hours, we checked in four hours early, no problem, we had emailed ahead and were told our apartment would be ready. We all gasped "WOW" when we saw the view, which is an absolute view from the huge balcony (table and six chairs, sun lounger and STILL room to spare) and the same view from the huge master bedroom.

The apartment is huge, plenty of room if fully occupied, and very very clean. It all looks brand new. Everything you could possibly need is supplied, including kettle toaster, full oven, huge fridge, freezer, utensils, enough crockery for about 20 people, washing machine, drier. The only things we missed were a pair of kitchen scissors, and a safety deposit box. Lack of the safety deposit box was surprising I thought.

We had a huge walk in wardrobe with tons of hanging and folding space. Our bathroom had a spa bath and a large walk in shower, double basin. A small soap, shower cap, shampoo and conditioner were supplied, along with plenty of fluffy white towels (which were slightly on the small side but adequate)>

In a separate corridor behind the kitchen were two further bedrooms, not huge but plenty of storage space, the washing room, and a separate toilet and another bathroom.

I had emailed in advance to ask for a feather-free experience as I am severely allergic, and this was no problem, and confirmed on arrival.

We had hired a car and there is plenty of free secure parking underneath the block. We stayed for 10 days which was sufficient time to see all the tourist attractions in the area.

The block has a restaurant on site which we didn't try, but there are plenty of restaurants, shops and takeaways within walking distance.

There is a smallish swimming tub, alongside a hot tub, with stunning views out over the river.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone, and I am hoping to return here one day. I was sad to leave the amazing view, like nothing else I have ever had from a hotel balcony !

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank juliaplynn
There are newer reviews for The Duporth Riverside Apartments

Reviewed 31 January 2008

Although we stayed at the Duporth back in August 2005 I have only just discovered this web site and have been looking up reviews on places I've stayed at over the last few years. I just wanted to say how pleased I was to read the great reviews for the Duporth! It's fantastic to hear that it's still great! My husband and two young children have stayed here on two occassions, the first time being in November 2004 (it was brand new) and Aug 2005. It is the best place I have ever stayed at as far as location goes. The absolute riverfront view is simply breathtaking and the short walk to shops, restaurants, parks, etc is very convenient.

The first time we stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor. Amazing! The fixtures and fittings aswell as furniture and kitchen applicances and utensils are of superior quality and I can honestly say that I felt like I was living a millionaire's lifestyle for the 4 days we were there! The furniture was so lovely and expensive looking that I was paranoid that my little sons (aged 4 and 1 year at the time) might have damaged or spilt something, so I ended up putting the coffee tables, lamp tables and beautiful decorator homewares in the wardrobe for our stay! (I put it all back before we left ofcourse!) The only negatives were; a rowdy group of women next door who had no consideration for other guests and played their stereo at top volume and screamed and yelled off their balcony on our first night. Luckily they only stayed one night. Also on the same night (a Friday night) the pub situated only about 50 or less metres away from the Duporth played loud music until midnight.

The second time we stayed at the Duporth we got the two bedroom apartment next door to the apartment we had first. It wasn't as spacious and the floor plan was not as good (still great views of river and ocean from living area and main bedroom though) and the floors were all carpet which was a bit impractical. On this second occasion the staff were not as efficient as the staff the first time and it took about 30 minutes to check in (at 3pm) as the front desk wasn't manned. Eventually a lady who identified herself as being an investor-owner of two of the apartments found someone to check us in (the owner was NOT happy about this!). Also seeing as we were repeat customers who were returning there after staying there less than one year earlier we thought they may have lowered their price for us, but unfortunately, no. Sadly this reason is why we decided not to return to the Duporth, instead we have sampled some others in Maloolaba and Noosa.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with family
2  Thank neb24
Reviewed 12 January 2008

We booked the Duporth on line, prior to booking our email questions were answered promptly and concisely.
We arrived by private transport the staff were efficient and helpful our check in was very easy as were directions and information of surrounding area maps were provided.
The position of the apartments on the Maroochydore river was beautiful, absolute river front all apartments have a view of the river and sea.
We watched Pelicans and sea eagles and osprey flying in front of our balcony.
Our one bedroom apartment was spotlessly clean extremely well appointed and spacious, the kitchen had all the mod cons big fridge, hob, oven good extractor fan, toaster wide range of crockery and utensils; separate laundry, guest toilet, large bed room & en suite with spa and walk in robe, this was self catering apartment so you did your own cleaning brooms etc. supplied, small mall and supermarket directly across the road, Sunshine Plaza very easy 10 min walk, as are beach walks restaurants ( would recommend the Boat Shed on Cotton Tree), I would highly recommend this property as very good value for money if you are travelling in a group check out the penthouse apartments we will certainly be returning to these apartments. My only gripe, the light bulbs in the bedside lamps were too bright, I like to read before sleeping my husband doesn't so lower wattage bulbs would of been better.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank comfortdiva
Reviewed 30 December 2007

my wife and I stayed at the duporth in november and had the best holiday for years.we booked direct with the hotel and spoke to amanda,she was fanastic telling us she would upgrade us to a 3 bedroom apartment for the same price as a 1 bedroom if it was avaible it was.we asked for a high floor for the view and we were given one on the 8th floor the view was fantastic,the pictures on the website were exactly like our apartment and view.the apartment was spotless and large with air conditoning although ours was not working properly we asked the manager bevan to take a look at it and was fixed straight away great service.the aparment has spa in main bedroom 2 tvs 1 in lounge 1 in main bedroom large kitchen with everything you could want fridge,oven,microwave,pots.plates.ect.on site it has a pool and spa that is beside the river that looked great at night lit up a gym and steamroom there is a restaurant as well although we did not go there,across from reception there is a tavern bar also very nice and not noisey.we choose to say in maroochydore as we like places to be fairly quite although there is many things to do and eat like the rsl and large shopping centre 5 minutes walk away.we had a great holiday and would certainly go back thanks to bevan,leah and amanda.although we cannot believe no one has written a review about this great place on tripadviser before.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jordy54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
Waves Maroochy River
Waves Maroochy River
#3 of 43 in Maroochydore

Been to The Duporth Riverside Apartments? Share your experiences!