“Great country Hotel Motel”

Miles Windsor Hotel Motel
Miles Windsor Hotel Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Miles B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Great country Hotel Motel”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked and stayed in hotel room , room I booked was explained clearly , with shared services , queen bed comfy , shared shower were clean even at 7 pm, meal was really good quality and plentiful didn't finish it, beer was cold , girls at bar cheerful and provided table service for beer while eating. Would and will stay at the Windsor again each time I visit Miles.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Ridecashmere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

What a great place the food was the best I have had in a long time it would rival some of the top establishments in Sydney. Rooms were well presented and the staff very friendly and only to willing to go the extra Mile with service

Room Tip: All rooms were very well mainatained and were very quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BenValentine
ManagementWinds... H, General Manager at Miles Windsor Hotel Motel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks so much for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time.

Regards
Lauren
Sarina, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here passing through from nsw to qld. All I can say is double and triple check when you book, when the man on the end of the phone says hotel room booked. He didn't mean the hotel rooms down stairs, he meant the room above the hotel. Communal showers.... Air con I don't think had been cleaned since it was installed. If your looking for towels don't panic you won't find them in your room!! And the hostess with the mostest.. Well don't look for customer service cause she had none!!! Terrible... We even looked for somewhere to stay in the next few towns in hope we could leave. Not worth the $110 a night!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kaisergirl14
Steve C, General Manager at Miles Windsor Hotel Motel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Firstly, I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Miles. I was overseas in March and would be very interested to hear more detail about the staff you were less than impressed with if you wouldn't mind messaging me. We do have 2 very different accommodation options; hotel and motel rooms. The hotel rooms are exactly that, a room above the hotel with shared bathroom facilities. You should have been made aware of that at the time of booking; again I will look into staff member who served you and discuss this. Feedback is important to us and paramount to us striving to ensure our guests are comfortable and welcome. Please feel free to message me any details that can assist me discussing this with relevant staff members. Regards, Lauren
New Farm, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The menu is incomplete and didn't describe salad on a cheeseburger. So ordered the Ozburger which had salad and asked for a slice of cheese to replace the beetroot. Couldn't do it even though the lunch is $12.50.
Unnecessarily unhelpful and silly. Won't come back again whereas they could have had a raving fan.
Recommend not coming here if you want good, decent and reasonable service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi There. I am saddened to hear that your were disappointed in your dining experience at the Windsor. As a rule we tell our staff that we do not say "no" to our customers, what they want, they shall get (within reason of course). I am so sorry that you were told you could not be accommodated over a mere slice of cheese. Had I have known on the day I would've come out the front and rectified for you and refunded your meal costs for the inconvenience. Would you mind sending me a message with details/description of who the staff member was so that I can address the issue? Again, sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience. We have one of the busiest (if not the busiest) restaurants in town and have a great reputation for meals so I am truly sorry you didn't get to experience that at lunch.
Regards, Lauren
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here after a last-minute alteration to a colleague's schedule, so didn't have a chance to read the reviews until after I had stayed.

So glad that I hadn't had a chance to read the reviews, because otherwise would have been absolutely terrified of what I was getting in to.

The first thing I would suggest to anyone is CHECK WHAT YOU ARE BOOKING. There are two (2) distinctly different options at this place.

Option 1 is good old country hotel accommodation, aka "a pub room" - where you share facilities, and pay less.
Option 2 is a "motel room", with own bathroom, fridge. microwave, toaster, kettle, etc - but the price is more.

Fortunately my colleague had booked motel-style accommodation, so there was no bother of shared facilities, having to climb stairs, being woken up by neighbours, etc.

The room was immaculately clean - I mean CLEAN. Spotless. Could not fault them at all here (in fact, some of the 4* places in France could take a lesson from the staff here. Just my opinion.)

I had a Queen bed plus a single (which I didn't need, but hey, at least you know), and they obviously have interconnecting rooms (again, I didn't need, but now you now).

The bathroom was clean - the only thing that kind of surprised me was that there was no flyscreen on the bathroom window. I must point out that I wasn't bothered by insects, but I'm used to country places having flyscreens.

Coffee, biscuits and milk were topped up each day, and so were the towels I used - super impressed by this, as some places don't replace the towel if you hang it up (I prefer to hang a towel - my OCD doesn't really allow me to leave one on the floor). There was a reminder about Australia being a dry country and a request to conserve water, but this politely asked us to limit our shower time rather than re-use the towels. Given the nature of the majority of people who use the services of this place (ie, outdoor workers), it makes sense to replace towels.

The only irritation is that the car-park is a first-come, first-served basis, so there's not always a park for your vehicle (and given that the majority of vehicles in the car park are big 4WDs, it's a bit cozy) - but at the end of the day, street parking is free and as safe as any country town in Queensland, so really no harm no foul.

I found the staff to be super friendly and helpful - the same gentleman was there when I checked in (at 5 minutes to 9 on a Wednesday night), was there the next morning when I left and again that night, and also on the Friday morning before I left - so the level of service I received was fantastic.

I will admit to not eating in the restaurant - it was too late on the first night (arriving at 9pm), and on the second night I ventured a little further afield, so cannot comment on the food.

All in all I can't say anything bad about this place - I would happily return if I could get a MOTEL room.

Room Tip: Ask for a MOTEL room - this place offers two distinctly different room types, so caveat emptor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ecnalubma
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I travel world wide on a continuous bases and have stayed in many crappy places before. But I can honestly say this is the absolute worst!!! The restaurant is the absolute worst. I have never been to a restaurant where there are only a few customers and you order a meal and after 1.5 hrs of patiently waiting for it they repeatedly tell you it should be along soon. What a lie!!! Finally after no effort to correct the matter I leave the restaurant without a meal. I would highly recommend not wasting your money or time here. Besides the rooms also suck!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed in one of the Motel rooms for 2 weeks.

Excellent room, very clean, bright and spacious which included;
Queen sized bed, Sofa, ensuite bathroom, good sized fridge, toaster, kettle, iron + board, microwave, plates/bowls/cutlery, coffee, tea, sugar, milk and biscuits (replenished every day), TV with foxtel, aircon and outdoor seating areas for each room.

The bar/restaurant had a good menu and a mexican themed night on the first Friday night I was there, food and atmosphere was great! Some nights I got meals delivered to my room, always quick and can be charged back to the room which was handy. I really enjoyed Sundays at the hotel because even though the restaurant isn't open there was a barbecue available in a beer garden type area for guests, which was a nice way to spend Sunday evenings!
The hotel also has a great bottle shop and is directly beside a large supermarket on the main street of the town.

Management were very helpful and ensured I had everything I needed.

Will definitely be back when in the area.

Room Tip: Motel rooms have private ensuites
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo