“I'm actually in love! ”

Mission Beach Retreat
“I'm actually in love! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Mission beach retreat is by far the best hostel I have stayed in so far on my trip. The managers (jo&mesa) are the most amazing and honest people I have met. The staff are also very friendly and welcoming. The hostel is very clean and well looked after and has a very relaxed atmosphere. The beds are extremely comfortable compared to other hostels I have stayed in - you even get 2 pillows! I'm going to be extremely sad when I leave mission beach retreat as I have made some amazing friends and I can honestly say they feel like family.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here from March 20th 2014 until the 25th. Because it was bad weather my skydive got cancelled so I had to stay a little longer. The people working at the Mission Beach Retreat were very helpfull. The room I stayed in was a 9 persons dorm and the beds were alright. The kitchen and rooms were cleaned every day but because of all the rain everything got dirty pretty quick so that was a shame but not there fault. The common area and the kitchen were of a perfect size and cosy enough to meet the other guests. This was my first time I stayed at an YHA and definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed during my stay in Australia.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of this tiny, calm hostel, located right at the beach. Best place to just chill out and hang around. There is not much to do in mission beach, but we liked the hostel, the atmosphere and the staff so much that we extended and stayed for four nights.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is the perfect Hostel for Mission Beach. It was so clean and welcoming. The common area was more like a home with big squishy sofas and big tv.

Mesa and Josef are lovely, as were all of the staff. They really made us feel welcome and even booked our skydive for us.

The room was lovely and cool and the beds were so compfy. Two pillows are provived as standard which makes a nice change from some of the lumpy things I have experinced at other hostels.

Was traveling in a group of 3 and really enjoyed our stay here. Would highly recomend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Saarbrucken, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My stay at the YHA in Mission Beach was really the worst during my whole 3 week trip. The hostel is compared to the others I stayed at rather dirty, the staff pretty snobby (exception: the reception), the internet expensive and slow, no way to lock anything etc.
I finally left earlier, I had booked 3 nights and left after 2 what was also due to a lack of things to do, neither the Dunk Island Water Taxi operated (I still don't know why), nor the sailing tour offered by the hostel. No adequate alternatives offered.
I cannod recommend it, but maybe I just had bad luck.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Mission Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We really loved this place. The rooms are clean and have air conditioning, the kitchen is well equipped and the stuff is helpful and nice. We asked at the reception for a way to see Paronella Park and they offered us to take us up there - we spent a great day together. The YHA is located right next to the beach. Bars and cafes close very early, so there is not a lot to do at night time, but there are a lot of games, play stations, books and a TV. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
South Shields, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Basic hostel, no frills.

We stayed in a double room which was reasonably clean - was still a bit dusty and dead bugs on the floor. Air con works and is cold but it's ridiculously old and VERY noisy.

We only stayed one night so didn't get to use kitchen etc but did notice it is open plan (literally no windows) so there were flies and ants galore. 2 TV rooms which were always full of people - quite a relaxed atmosphere.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, I believe they had just taken over the place.

We stayed mid-cyclone weather so didn't really get to see mission beach at its best.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple