“Eat at the Fish Bar - you won't regret it”
Review of Friends - CLOSED

Friends
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I went to Mission Beach for a one night stay. We looked at the different restaurants and decided on the Fish Bar, and that was a choice we would not come to regret. I decided for the Morton Bay Bugs and my girlfriend had the fried barramundi. When we sad the waiting for the food, my girlfriend looked in the kitchen and said, I know this is going to be a good meal because the chef looks very calm and concentrated and looks like a real man :)

And the food did not disappoint, it was hands down the best fish and one of the best meal we have had on our australian journey. Beside the fish, the chips where also amazing. The service was also great. Regarding price you looking at about 20-30 dollars for a meal, which is more than reasonable considering the quality of the food.

If you are in town, there is no excuse for missing out on this little gem. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Friends

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Friends has closed- but a great Seaford restaurant has opened. It is call Fish Bar -

Enjoy the bucket of prawns - we had 2 buckets for eight of us for entree - what a feed

Fantastic barra, mud crabs , bugs and all very reasonably priced - has only been opened for about 2 weeks and full each night.

Very good

3  Thank DobbieHawk
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Celebrating a personal milestone, I decided to go to Friends Restaurant and I was not disappointed.
The restaurant was clean and well set out. I was offered a choice of tables and I decided to sit out on the deck. The food was excellent, fresh, well presented and very tasty. The service was friendly and helpful. I felt that the atmosphere was relaxing, other diners appeared to be relaxed as well.
When I was ready to leave, it had started to rain, and my waitress even offered to give me a lift home!
I will certainly be dining here again.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

Excellect food and service. While on our honeymoon in mission beach my wife and I had dinner at friends. The food was spectacular and the service was very friendly I definately recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to dine in mission beach!

Reviewed 8 July 2010

About a year since I was there - still great although there is one other spot that has lifted its performance in the past year- so there is now competition on the good food front in Mission Beach . I would rate this restaurant as definitely one to visit in Mission Beach, Watch the tempura fish - the batter looked and tasted quite "heavy" - but everything else was excellent ,

db9400, Owner at Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

Thanks very much for your positive review, it is good to know that you are a return customer and that you are recommending us to others as a restaurant worth dining at - fantastic. Thanks for the feedback on the tempura trout too - we were definitely having some issues with the ingredients in the making of the batter, and have taken your comments on board and changed the type of batter we are using, and this is working out well for us now. We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Mission Beach - please pop in and say hello. Kind regards, Debbie.