“Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainforest Motel

Rainforest Motel
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here April 2013 and it was perfect! Apart from great value accommodation with loads of facilities, the owners went out of their way to make us feel at home. The rooms are spacious and most of all clean and tidy, and they offer free wifi to their guests. The location is great too, walking distance (1 min) to the shops and cafes in Mission Beach, but nice and quiet in the evening. We needed to catch the greyhound bus at 3 pm and Bob and Angie let us have a late check out and even drove us to the bus stop. All in all, a very, very pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christian P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

It was a last-minute booking and for a great price we had a clean room with great facilities. Lovely grounds and easy access to cafes and the beach. Angie was friendly and accommodating and we will definitely stay there again next time we pass through Mission Beach.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nearbygal
2crownies, Owner at Rainforest Motel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
As owner of The Rainforest motel, I really appreciate you taking time to write a review. It has been a difficult time for North Queensland since cyclone Yasi two years ago, and comments like yours really help.
I look forward to you coming back and we can help show you more of fantastic Mission Beach.
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have recently made a slow, deliberate journey from Brisbane to Innisfail. Along the way, I have stayed at many motels, backpacker hotels, and pub hotels. My trip was forced to be extended due to cyclones, floods, road/rail closures, and other natural disasters.
Of all the places I stayed, Rainforest Motel was far and away the best! It was very clean, attractively and efficiently laid out, and the grounds are wonderful, quiet, and run by the best management I have seen! With ALL of the positives, it was also one of the most cost-effective places I stayed at, also. The unit offers a microwave, small refrigerator, dishes, and coffee. They have a very clean pool, and each unit has a private outdoor patio.
They do offer free wi-fi, however it was not strong enough to make it to my room.
I would not hesitate to stay here in the future, and would most certainly recommend this motel to any traveller!

Room Tip: If you NEED the wi-fi, you have to have a room close to the office.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights when I was travelling over two months up the east coast of Australia, and it was definitely one of the nicest and best value places I stayed in. The apartment was spotlessly clean, and had everything I needed, including a lovely little outdoor seating area - your very own little bit of rainforest, great for having a cup of coffee and soaking up the sounds of the rainforest- (bring your mozzie spray though). The managers Angie and Bob were warm and friendly, and did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable. They helped organise trips, and even introduced me to their friends, for some very welcome socialising as a solo traveller! Mission Beach is a lovely little town. I instantly felt very at home there, and didn't really want to leave! I hope one day I will go back, and if I do, I will stay at Rainforest Motel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BritGirlTravelling
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I only had one night here but was made to feel very welcome and the accomodation was wonderful - very clean and comfortable. Take your bug spray though as being in a bit of rainforest, there are mosquitos around. Got back to my room after dinner/drinks and saw a tree frog. Restaurants were closed by 9.30pm so get to Mission Beach to eat/drink earlier in the day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kayakgirly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is a really great place to stay. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and has a nice pool.
The rooms are very clean with modern decor and the owners are very friendly and welcoming.
It is only one street back from the beach and it is only a short walk to the cafés and restaurants.
I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle D
AustraliaWaz, Owner at Rainforest Motel, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
It was a pleasure having you as a guest. Next time you visit we will take you to our special location guaranteed to site a cassowary.

Since your visit a couple have started a twilight sailing cruise along magnificent Mission Beach to the islands. I recommend this to everyone who visits Mission Beach.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had a great time staying at the Rainforest Motel. We only pent one night in Mission Beach but would definitely like to come back for longer and if we do, we'll stay at the Rainforest Motel again.

The property is very well maintained, with a nice swimming pool and lots of trees and flowers and it indeed feels a bit like rainforest. The name 'motel' is a bit misleading - I'm sure many places of a similar standard twould call themselves 'Rainforest Cottages' or similar - because the motel consists of a set of individual en-suite cottages, with a bit of private 'garden' with a table and garden chairs in front of them. The rooms are very clean and spacious, as is the bathroom. There are digital TVs in the rooms with freeview (no Austar/Foxtel).

The place feels calm and quiet and yet it is only a few meters from all the shops and caffees in the centre of Mission Beach, and not more than a couple of minutes walk from the beach. The beach itself is one of the most beautiful sandy beaches we've seen in Australia, lined with coconut palms, and reminded us of beaches in Southern India or Sri Lanka.

The very nice owner greeted us cheerfully, even though we arrived quite late and gave us a voucher for free drinks at the Sand Bar nearby, which we happily used.

I would definitely recommend going to Mission Beach, and staying at the Rainforest Motel. If you are in the area looking for cassowaries, make sure you drop by the very helpful information centre, where they will give you detailed maps and direct you to places you're most likely to see them (as we did).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple