“Good trip with best lunch ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coral Sea Kayaking

Coral Sea Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer adventure sea kayak trips camping and exploring National Park Islands within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in North Queensland. Half day coastal paddles and one day Dunk Island trips to 7-day expeditions to Hinchinbrook Island. Small group tours respecting and appreciating this stunning tropical environment, lead by friendly, knowledgeable guides who have spent plenty of time paddling these rain-forested islands. Our trips not only offer beautiful sea kayaking but, snorkeling, wildlife spotting, learning about this rich eco-system, beach-combing and just chilling out in a hammock in a tropical paradise. We also have expedition sea kayaks, Sit-on-top kayaks and Stand-Up Paddleboards for hire.
Hamburg, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good trip with best lunch ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Quite easy - everyone who likes paddling with good explanations and a wonderul surrounding can do this trip. Only people with seasickness (like me) could get some probs... We were only 4 guests and Atti made a good show with a really great lunch! Thank you for this interesting day and best wishes from Hamburg - Claudia & Frank

Visited August 2013
SeaKayaking, Owner at Coral Sea Kayaking, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you Claudia and Frank for your nice review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your day sea kayaking to Dunk Island with us. We are very lucky to have such beautiful tropical islands in easy reach from South Mission Beach as we love taking people out paddling to explore them.

Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fabulous 3 Day Kayak Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My partner & I just returned from the 3 day Tropical Islands Kayak trip & had a fantastic time! The trip leaders, Dave & Michelle may this trip memorable for us. They were the ultimate hosts & were so relaxed about everything. Nothing was a issue. Not only did they lead us on the kayaking, they prepared the most amazing gourmet meals. They worked extremely hard but it never showed.I would highly recommend doing a trip with Coral Sea Kayaking! WE are looking forward to doing another kayak trip in the near future.

Visited October 2013
SeaKayaking, Owner at Coral Sea Kayaking, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you Cheryl for this lovely review, it is great to hear that you so enjoyed your paddling trip with us to the beautiful Family Islands. David and Michelle love to create their delicious meals whilst camping on the islands beaches. We will hope to see you both again, perhaps on our Hinchinbrook Island trip. Warm regards David and Attie
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Day on Dunk Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I did the full day trip to Dunk Island with a small group of 5. The weather and water conditions were perfect. Atti was a fantastic guide and runs a very smooth kayaking trip. She taught some interesting facts about the island and its history with cyclone Yasi in 2011. It was very easy to learn from this passionate kayak guide. She even provided me with information about hikes on the island. Thanks Atti for a beautiful day on the water!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joanna L
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

So I was in Mission Beach wondering what to do and I wanted to go to Dunk Island and I like kayaking so it made sense for me to do this. It was a great day, the sun was shining and it was lovely and calm. I'm hopeless at remembering names but our guide was the lady and she was very friendly and had lots of knowledge about everything we wanted to know. This was my first time using a kayak with a rudder so it took me a while to get used to it but it was great fun. The lunch was great and I'm super fussy but still enjoyed it. Snorkelling and going on a walk around some of Dunk Island was really good and we got to see lots of sting rays and lots of other marine life. A great day trip if you're in Mission Beach and well recommended :)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elliot J
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hinchinbrook seven days of great sea kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We have just returned from the last seven day trip of 2012, along east coast of Hinchinbrook Island, then island hopping for several days to Mission Beach. The trip was perfect, bright sunny days, light winds, warm swimming/snorkeling, sleeping sheet only nights. Wild life seen included turtles, dugongs, dolphins, goannas and sea eagles. Our guides were Dave and Atti, very experienced, great conversationalists, both with an infectious love and lore of the local area and nature. Meals were excellent, fresh and varied. Spending each night on a different wilderness beach was very special.

Visited October 2012