“Really great stay for 1night. Very helpful people most accomodating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mossman Motel Holiday Villas

and 1 more site!
Mossman Motel Holiday Villas
Ranked #2 of 5 Mossman B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Really great stay for 1night. Very helpful people most accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We tried to do a last minute booking in PortDouglas but couldn't get anything so saw Mossman on Tripadvisor. We are so glad we stayed there, it was so nice, clean and tropical. Great place for families with good pool and outdoor areas. We well recommend staying there!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
So happy you enjoyed our little part of Tropical North Queensland and thankful you took the time to review us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Arriving after a long trip north, we were impressed by this property from the monument we stepped in. Well appointed separate villas, designed thoughtfully and with extras we didn't expect were only part of the experience. The hosts are friendly and knowledgeable, the grounds beautiful and the location suited our needs. As a constant traveller I am not easily impressed, but would recommend this property for any traveller in the region.
Lynda Evans Hema Maps

Room Tip: Budget villas are closer to highway so for the best experience upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
We appreciate the time taken to review our property. As we are essentially a brand new property, we rely heavily on word of mouth to promote our motel. I notice our sleep quality was only 4 out of 5. Please advise if there is anything that might improve this. I can't do much about the location. Once again thanks for the review.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night here while exploring the area.
The villas are either brand new or renovated. Very nice and spacious, with a kitchenette (with kettle, toaster and fridge) and lounge area with 2 couches. Bed was large and comfy. The sheets and towels felt brand new which was lovely.
The pool area looked gorgeous although we didn't have time for a swim. There's a common kitchen you can use with full cooking facilities.
The villas are in a great spot just before the centre of Mossman. Easy drive to the gorge and 10 mins from Port Douglas. It's a much cheaper option than staying in port Douglas but you don't miss out on the luxury touches.
Definitely a great spot to stop over - I wish we could have stayed longer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
I'm glad to see you enjoyed our place. Our aim is ensure that every guest would happily stay with us again given the opportunity. Please lets us know how we can get 5 stars for your next stay.
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

We just happened upon Mossman Motel Holiday Villas and what a great surprise. After travelling and staying in some less than impressive places, it was great to open the door to very spacious, clean accommodation. The bed was comfy and it was lovely to actually have a sofa to sit on to watch a lovely large television. Staff were very friendly. We were checking the area out for other visits - we will be back :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thanks Jill When you next come up this way we hope to see you again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I am writing to report several ‘random acts of kindness’ by the owners of 2 hotels in Mossman, Queensland, Australia – the Demi-View Motel and the Mossman Motel Holiday Villas.

I had just arrived in the Cairns area, from the USA, for a trip up to the Daintree Rainforest. Needless to say, I was exhausted, and not yet completely adjusted to driving on the left side of the road. Hotels.com usually does a great job, but every company screws up occasionally, and they had screwed up in this instance. (Note that I’m sure they will give me a refund – the point here is NOT a complaint against hotels.com.)

But bottom line, I was driving through Mossman having received a very unclear notice of a change in accommodations for that night in Cape Tribulation. As it was getting dark, and I still had a couple hours drive ahead of me, through a very uninhabited area with no cell coverage, to next catch a ferry, and then continue along narrow, bumpy roads teeming with wildlife, I figured I had better stop as I passed through Mossman, to look up the supposed new hotel in the phone book, and call ahead to make sure that I actually had accommodations for the night.

The folks in a local grocery store had never heard of the hotel I was supposedly booked to stay in. As a red eyed drive to an area without cell phone coverage, to arrive at Hotel May Not Exist, appeared ill advised, I next pulled into the Demi View Hotel to ask if they had a room for the night.

They did not. Nevertheless, the owner, Rachael Byrne, really took me under her wing. Overall, Rachael spent over an hour on the phone for me, despite the fact that it was evening and she and her son had been playing a board game upstairs. First, she contacted someone in Cape Trib who verified that the hotel I was booked at did NOT, in fact, exist. Then she was willing to tie up her phone line for an additional half hour attempting to communicate with hotels.com. Rachael next arranged accommodations for me at the Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, where there was still one room remaining.

I was then passed into the hands of Simon and Allison,owners of the Mossman Hotel Holiday Villas, who were equally gracious. They allowed me to use their desk phone for well over ½ hour, and their personal computer for 1 hour. The room that I had there was wonderful – spotless, full kitchen, comfie mattress, and even a little resident gecko for company. By morning, I was not only well rested, but also had been able to arrange alternate accommodations for the remainder of my stay in Cape Tribulation. Simon and Allison then offered to hold my scuba gear for me until my way back through, and when I asked them where I might buy some insect repellant, they gave me a can.

Rachael, Simon and Allison, I thank each of you so much for your kindness to an exhausted, stranded traveler who truly had nowhere to go, and no one to help. You were all wonderful – and although not the main point of this story, I would recommend either of your motels highly, as they were both well run and good destination locations in their own right. You were each, truly, the embodiment of the best of the holiday spirit!
With warm regards,
Jan Larkin

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank j l
Thanks for your wonderful review. When you live in a great part of the world and meet like minded sensible people, its easy to be nice.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

We arrived quite late in the evening and our booking done through a big portal starting with 'W' was missing and my confirmation had wrong price. Not a problem with the man on duty, even as we have probably woke him up he was very friendly and arranged everything.
The cabin was really nice and spacious, in one room there was kitchen, two double sofas with big flat TV and a double bed with bunk bed. The mattresses were comfortable for us. The only negative would be the placement of the AC vent just over the upper bunk bed. Arriving late and with need for quick sleep, we were left with dilemma of waiting for the room to cool or leave the AC on through the night. One of us rather picked to sleep on the sofa than under a running AC, but actually liked the softer mattress more.
In the morning we saw the garden and the pool and were disappointed to have a tight schedule that did not allow us more time spent in such surrounding.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. Sorry about the airconditioning placement but as you can imagine with the family rooms that there is no where else to pit the AC unit.

We pride ourselves on the surrounds and dedicate many hours to their upkeep.
Ocean Shores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed longer than we had planned we loved it so much. The accommodation was brand new, very spacious and spotless, and the beds super comfortable. The pool is beautiful and the playground kept our two little ones amused. The little extras just topped it off - free dvd's, free washing machine, barbecues, clean towels every day, and the hosts were happy to help with anything. The price is so reasonable considering what you get. We didn't want to leave. It's close to the Daintree and Mossman Gorge, as well as some other beautiful waterholes - I would highly recommend staying here for at least a few days.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get a room near the pool. It's worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, Owner at Mossman Motel Holiday Villas, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
So glad you loved it! We spend many hours getting it right and so its great to be appreciated. Hope the rest of your holiday was as pleasant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossman
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Demi View Motel
Demi View Motel
#2 of 2 in Mossman

Been to Mossman Motel Holiday Villas? Share your experiences!