“BEST VALUE LODGINGS IN FAR NTH QOEENSLAND”
Review of Demi View Motel

Demi View Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mossman
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“BEST VALUE LODGINGS IN FAR NTH QOEENSLAND”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After remembering a positive stay here about 15 years ago, once our business agenda dictated that a stay in the area was required, I had no hesitation in booking a couple of nights here with Kraig & Rachael & Marilyn.

Clean, spacious and well-appointed rooms with a comfortable bed, excellent Bathroom design and covered parking at the front door. A very quiet location too.

This, together with a very attractive Tariff and the friendliest of Hosts, has me strongly recommending this address for a stay anywhere within the region.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21 and loved it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DemiViewMotel, Owner at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank-you very much for your comments Steve.
As owner operators we aim to please with a personal touch. Corporate guests like yourself find us very suitable from a features and price point perspective. All the best to you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
busselton
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I must confess that I haven't stayed at this motel but my parents, Sid and Heather have just spent two nights here. They reluctantly left their home at Wonga Beach due to an impending cyclone and booked into this Motel.They couldn't say enough of the incredible hospitality by the owners who went beyond any expectations to make them comfortable despite the circumstances. As I live on the other side of the country it was so reassuring that my parents were safe and well looked after. They couldn't fault this motel and would totally recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DemiViewMotel, Manager at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
The Demi View Motel is the oldest accommodation provider in the Douglas region and has always had the support of the local community. When we bought the motel 8 years ago we soon realized it was locally recognized as "Mossman's Motel" and we do our best to look after all the locals both in business and private, Sid and Heather are very nice people and we are glad you knew your family was in good hands!
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We did a double overnight in the ‘Demi View’ motel and were very satisfied. The responsible couple were both extremely nice and helpful. They provided extensive explanation on how to explore the neighborhood and even helped doing the laundry (in their kindness they even didn’t want us to pay for it).
The room was well equipped, clean and had adequate sanitary. Outdoor, there was a high quality kitchenette, including a gas barbecue free to use. The place was also well maintained (garden, small swimming pool). A place we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DemiViewMotel, Owner at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks so much for your valuable and kind honest words!
As owner operators we are always satisfied knowing that our guests enjoy their stay. We look at it like a 20 bedroom house and that your'e our personal guests. Happy travels and all the very best!
Sydney
Reviewed 21 September 2013

You will not be dissapointed if you stay in this wonderful motel in Mossman Qld. Rachel & Kraig are wonderful hosts and make their guests feel very welcome. They make the effort to know their guests by name and go out of their way to ensure that everyone is comfortable.

Rooms are very clean and have everything you could possibly need. I used to stay in Port Douglas when I originally started working up in this region, however decided to try the Demi View and much preferred it. It became a home away from home.

Unfortunately most of my work is in Cairns these days so I dont get to stay as often as I used to but I can highly recommend this motel to anyone working or travelling in Far North Queensland.

And if you like great food, Mojo's (the Restaurant on site) is worth a visit.

Room Tip: My personal preference are the rooms at the back of the property up near the Pool and laundry facili...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
DemiViewMotel, Owner at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Wow, thanks for your review and apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. Yes people do like it up the back near the pool and close to the outdoor cooking facilities. When people congregate around the bbq and have a good time in the undercover area it makes a great place to enjoy, but takes away the quietness which so often is apparent in that area. Perfect weather here at the moment, maybe call in when next in Cairns?!?!
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This place was a delightful surprise! Our group rented three rooms here as our family of four (my husband and our two teens) met up my Aussie cousin and her husband. The place was CLEAN, quiet and beautiful with comfy beds and nice TV's. The owners, Rachel and Kraig, were so accommodating and kind. Perfect place to catch up with family and walk or drive to restaurants nearby. And when we left the following day for Bloomfield and I had left my backpack behind (containing my iPad, money, etc.!), they immediately called, texted and emailed me to let me know. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Australia visiting family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DemiViewMotel, Owner at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
How great is it that you and your friends had a great time altogether. To make this place your own and to enjoy it as you do makes it very worthwhile for all of us. Thanks for all the nice words you always write for us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Whilst on a work trip from Cairns to Bloomfield (to attend a work meeting in Wujal Wujal), I had the wonderful experience of staying at this delightful motel :)
Due to my meeting being late, I didn't arrive in Mossman until about 8pm and had no desire to drive for another hour or so to Cairns. I was exhausted from a long day and a little bit hungry! And the weather was dreadful (raining cats and dogs in fact). So I thought I'd try and find a motel to stay in overnight.
I didn't know Mossman, but saw this little motel right in the CBD, which seemed to have a restaurant attached to it. So I thought, at this time of night, I wasn't going to be too fussy and hopefully a room would be available.
That I was completely surprised would be an understatement! This is your typical country run motel with friendly, welcoming and accomodating managers who do their utmost to ensure you are well cared for.
After an efficient and check-in which took a matter of minutes, I asked if it was too late to have dinner at the restaurant (by this time it was around 8.30pm). The lovely manageress said it should be fine and proceeded to check with the Restaurant owners who obligingly agreed to seat us immediately.
I entered the little restaurant (which is called Mojos) and was seated outdoors. The sound of the rain as well as the relaxing feeling of watching it fall in front of me was just what the doctor ordered.
A delicious rib fillet with mash and roasted carrot, beetroot and beans together with a red wine jus and a couple of cab merlots later and I was as happy as the proverbial "pig in mud".... I was privilege to excellent service by all staff and thought at the time that "this is the best way to end an adventurous and challenging day.."
On entering my room, I was faced with an immaculately clean room, a queen size bed, TV with Austar, and the usual coffee/tea making facilities. Although quite basic, the room was very comfortable and after a nice hot shower I sank into my bed and fell asleep immediately.
I must mention that when I checked in the lovely Manageress, I asked for a single room. She was wonderful and made sure I ended up with a room with a Queen size bed. The cost of the rooms were also very affordable.
So, in conclusion all I can say is, if you're ever up that way and want a lovely country experience with friendly people catering to your every need, then PLEASE give this little gem a go!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
DemiViewMotel, Owner at Demi View Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
When we get responses like yours we are over joyed with the fact you left satisfied. We do look like a tiny motel with a big restaurant out the front, but yes we have 20 ground floor motel rooms to the rear. Yes we are family owned and operated and since Rachael is owner and head housekeeper, the rooms are always immaculate. So glad you had a good time!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed there for just one night on the way to Daintree from Cairns. As everyone else has described, the room was 100% clean with no fault to point out at all, and we didn't notice any bugs or insects in the room. We got a standard twin room and the beds were comfortable,clean. Flat screen tv. Also the location is very good, within 5 minutes drive to Mossman gorge. The motel is easy to find as well. It was a real plus that this motel has its own beautiful restaurant at the front called Mojos. The restaurant was beautifully designed where you can dine outside, with romantic lighting, food was divine sp the seafood platter we had+dessert.
Most of all, the owner was extremely friendly, from start to the end, making you feel like you are in your own home. We also heard a lot of amazing kookaburra & other bird sounds in the morning which was nice. You can park the car right in front of your room which is undercover. Price was really good for the value. I will stay there again if I visit Mossman.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DDiaz83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossman
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
Silky Oaks Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mossman
Mossman Motel Holiday Villas
Daintree Rainforest Retreat

Been to Demi View Motel? Share your experiences!