“Mmmm”

Fork and Cork Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Stanthorpe
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Mmmm”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Very interesting that when you comment on this cafe, and your comment is a little negative it get deleted. There where many more on here as well that have been taken down. Not good guys, just wanting all the 'Pat on the back ones' hey?

• Visited February 2014
Chris L, Owner at Fork and Cork Cafe and Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Rita,

Thanks again for your review.

Your original review was posted on the 25/03/14 called "Cosmo Meh" with our response published on the 27/03/14.

Trip Advisor is a public forum and Matt and I would not delete or remove a review from this website. We appreciate and love to hear from our customers, whether it is room for improvement or how pleasant their experience is. Your review was not taken as a negative and we appreciate the time you have taken to review our café.

I have asked Trip Advisor to investigate where your original post is and our response.

If you have any questions, please call us directly on 4681 2890.

Chris & Matt
Owners

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
“Love the Frutti Tutti Tingle Iced Tea!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've been to Cosmos twice now since it's been taken over. The boys at the counter are always friendly up for a chat! I've ordered the vege stack - a great serving size and tasty. A must try is their Frutti Tutti Tingle Iced Tea. Mmmm....delish.

• Visited March 2014
“A great all rounder!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Since moving to stanthorpe we had struggled to find somewhere for breakfast that suited us. We like good coffee, good value, tasty not too fancy food and somewhere open early to beat the crowd. Cosmo Cafe delivers on these aspects and more - friendly staff and quick service round it off for us. Food is always fresh and the one time something was forgotten it was quickly rectified! Thanks boys!

• Visited January 2014
Stanthorpe, Australia
“Expected better for a new take over”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went into this newly taken over café for a bite to eat about mid morning. There were already quite a few people seated at the tables, I guess being curious as we were to try it out. I was served by one of the new proprietors at the counter, who threw a menu at me and disappeared into the kitchen before I could give my order....I already new what I wanted. Some time later I managed to give my order to the rather tight lipped and abrupt young man. I had a sandwich on white bread and coffee. While the coffee was OK, the bread was stale, and cut very thinly....in fact the bread was so stale I was like a duck eating pollard and could not finish it.
I will be curious to return at a later date, just to see if things have improved....it could be just teething problems.

• Visited December 2013
Chris L, Owner at Fork and Cork Cafe and Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thanks for visiting our café and thanks for your review. Matt & I take pride in our customer service and rest assured, that we as owners or a member of our staff would never "throw" a menu to our customers. This is disrespectful to you as a customer and our menu's are located on the tables and are clipboards. It is completely unacceptable and as taking over this business, yes, we do have some teething challenges that are currently being addressed and rectified. In relation to your meal, please approach us next time as we are happy to replace your meal if it is not up to your standard. We welcome feedback and regularly receive positive comments on our friendly and professional service and if you have any questions, please speak to use directly when next in our store.
Colac, Australia
“Clean tables would have rated this higher”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As a local I have lunched and coffee'd here several times since the new owners have taken over. Food is good without being overly exciting, but fresh and cooked well. Surrounding are quite pleasant, and the cafe opens early - a bonus for Stanthorpe, particularly tourists looking for breakfast. My only gripe is that on a couple of occasions and particularly this morning at 10am, some tables had not been cleared and those that had been, were not wiped down. Every table (only 3 were being used) was covered in crumbs, sugar etc. It appeared that only junior staff were on duty and that basic cafe presentation was not been attended to. There is nothing more off putting than walking into a cafe/bistro and seeing dirty tables. Owners - take note and drill into your staff the importance of customers walking into a bright and very clean cafe. PS - staff had time to talk and laugh in the kitchen whilst a customer was waiting at the counter. Dirty tables and customers waiting whilst staff gossip - not a good look.

• Visited December 2013
Thanks for taking time out and providing your feedback. Walking into a dirty restaurant and seeing tables not cleared and staff talking is uninviting to say the least. Matt & I are aware of the importance of first impressions and having our customers walk into a clean restaurant with friendly and professional staff is important to us. We are aware of this challenge and over the last few weeks, have been conducting staff training to ensure our restaurant is clean (tables and floor) and staff are attentive. If you have any questions or further feedback when next you visit, please approach either Matt and I and we are happy to chat.