“Amazing!”

Ingan Tours- Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Tully
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Ingan Tours you can walk in the footsteps of the Ancestors!In our Spirit of the Rainforest Tour you can share in our local culture and stories, our tour takes you deep into the rainforest of North Queensland where you will discover ancient and unique cultural traditions of our Ancestors the Jirrbal People.Visitors will immerse themselves in the experience and understand how life was for our people prior to contact from the outside world. Let us inspire you by viewing the world through our eyes…
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Sonia, Doug, Uncle Ernie and Caroline run an amazing tour. We took a group of 20 Doctors on a cultural camp and a walk with Ingan tours. What a great group of tour guides. They gave us a true Indigenous experience, never leaving out an opportunity for a laugh which resulted in a whole lot of fun. I personally felt safe during the walk (although Tully's rain made it a little rough in some parts) and Sonia, Doug and Caroline always made sure that every single one of us were always travelling ok. A hot and humid (but beautiful walk) was topped off with a refreshing swim (with the guides joining us) in the most beautiful spot. Glorious fresh water that I drank straight from the river. Beats any bottled water I have ever tried!! Took me back to my childhood. This is an exceptionally well run tour with friendly, funny and knowledgeable guides. An absolute MUST do!

SonyaTully, Manager at Ingan Tours- Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Wow....thank you so much for the excellent feedback for our "Spirit of the Rainforest Tour", it means a lot to the team here at Ingan.
This full day tour hiking up the mountain is a must for anyone wishing to experience authentic Aboriginal Australia and want to get off the beaten track and see just how life was for our Ancestors...
The tour has been lauded as one of the best things they have done in Australia and that it isn't like every other walking tour that visitors come across in Australia
We value your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to write this review.
Hope to see you again soon...

There are newer reviews for Ingan Tours- Day Tours

Reviewed 7 March 2014

It was my first time in a Kajak by myself and I had a ball. It was so much fun going down the little river. If you are in Tully, just go for it for a fun day out. I felt save at every stage of the trip and we were told about the region and the local people and plants as well which I found was very interesting. On our break we stopped on a little island and had a coffee or tea and damper which I really enjoyed. I can recommend the tour to everyone.

Hello Pia I hope you are well.
Thank you for your feedback. Feedback is very important to us as it helps potential customers see what the tour is all about and allows them to make clear and informed decisions regarding our tours. We are very happy that you enjoyed your day and if you ever come back to Australia please pop in say hello.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the moment I spoke to tour organiser Sonia about kayaking on the Bulgan Creek I knew we were in for a highly entertaining and informative experience and we weren't disappointed. Doug, our expert and friendly guide, was knowledgeable about indigenous culture, the rainforest and the water. We particularly enjoyed the our picnic spot on the banks of the creek. Our Kayaking adventure was loads of fun and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm very glad that you enjoyed your day on our Tully Kayak Tour. The Bulgan Creek is a secret gem known only to the local residents of Tully, North Queensland.
It has been a place of serene beauty and tranquility for as long as I know. The crystal clear water beneath your kayak allows you to see the bottom most of the way and the fish frantically darting to and fro under your kayak is a bonus.
Very happy to hear that our staff are looking after you. The half way point is a time to sit back and relax and enjoy a conversation with your guides have a swim or feed our family of freshwater fish.
We hope to see you again

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Excellent, felt really at ease and totally safe at all times with professional guide Doug, as I hadn't attempted kayaking before. Wonderful scenery and interesting bush interpretation. Would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Searching for a (non hyper tourist) tour for a guided walk and learn about the traditions of the orignal people of Australia, we booked the Ingan Yunba tour. Also recommended in lonely planet, we were excited to go. And all our expectations came true. First we had a warm welcome of the tour guides and during the car trip to our destination, we were told about the region, the amazing happinings and the history of Tully and surroundings. During the walk we were told about the way the Aborignal people used to live and when we arrived at the creek, we gradly took some of the home made lunch (wich was to die for). As we sat around the campfire more stories were told and we were invited to ask as much as possible. Because of the time the tour guides took for everybody, they almost lost track of time. The group was about 10 people and that was also very nice. The price/quality was excellent and we recommend everybody to book this unique tour!