“Great host and great food”
Review of Vienna Inn - CLOSED

Vienna Inn
Cuisines: Austrian, Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A small family run restaurant , we had a wonderful evening hosted by the owner Alex. His daughter's hungarian goulash was delicious and my friend also enjoyed his vegetarian option very much. It was so filling that we had to go back the next day to have the apple strudel that was going to be dessert for breakfast instead.

3  Thank KiwiB2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having spent a few nights on the Atherton Tablelands, my partner, son, mother-inlaw & I decided to try Yungabuura for an evening meal.
The options were limited to an Italian (read Pizza place), an overpriced "up market" resturant and the Vienna Inn.
Unfortunately, we made the mistake of trying the Vienna Inn.
Although the elderly lady who waited on us was reasonably pleasant and the service was OK in a quirky sort of way, the food was dreadful.
After waking up the chef (I use that term in the loosest possible way) they proceeded to make our meal with the microwave. My partner and her mother had the same meal, which looked like something the dog would bring up and which my partner did bring up later that night. It was a grey/green mush delightfully referred to as chicken & dumplings.
My meal was supposedly fish but was what I'd image eating white rubber is like. It had no taste and was very difficult to bite through.
My son faired the best as he only ordered hot chips (you can't go wrong with that - CAN YOU?) - however, this is the first time I've ever heard him complain about chips and leave half on his plate.
To add insult to injury, because we were using EFTPOS to pay for the grossly overpriced meal?, food?, stuff?, we had to pay a $1.00 surcharge.
I would never go there again and I'd recommend that no one else does either.

2  Thank fotowombat
Reviewed 3 September 2013

During a recent stay on the Atherton Tablelands we ventured into Yungaburra looking for a place to have a nice evening meal. The options were extremely limited and we ended up at a tiny, messy place called Vienna Inn. What we thought would be a cute, quaint, but delicious dining experience turned into a nightmare. The elderly lady who seated us was pleasant enough. The menu was very limited and we chose a couple of meals that sounded tempting. Within minutes we could hear the microwave going flat out and then our meals arrived. Good grief what a disaster! My chicken meal was so salty i could barely eat it. The whole thing had been heated in the microwave and I'll bet my bottom dollar it all came out of a packet from Woolies. The chicken was chewy and pale (obviously microwaved) and the pasta, salty and slimy. A horrible mess that I later threw up anyway. My partner had a fish dish that also looked like it came straight out of a packet. Nothing was fresh. The bill was a hefty $89 and they charged us $1 for the use of the eftpos machine. A revolting experience all round. Next time we will head to Atherton to find a nice meal !

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Fabulous Vienna Schnitzel completely authentic with real baby veal. Followed by a slice of strudel heaven. Worth a detour, definitely worth a stop.

1  Thank Janakarex
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Loved this little place I stopped in for a quick snack, home cooking very nice. Service was very good, hard to find that kind of service now. A must visit if your passing through.