We stayed at Kookaburra Lodge Motel for just one night while driving through the Atherton Tablelands. The owners were so friendly and accommodating, including bringing a hot breakfast to our room at a pre-chosen time. If the weather had been warmer, we certainly would have eaten it outside on the veranda in front of our room. (There was also a joint use gazebo in the garden that had seating and a BBQ in it.) Lovely plants were everywhere in pots and the well maintained gardens. Our room was very clean with comfortable beds, premium quality towels and our en-suite bathroom was very recently remodeled. The only negatives were the small sized room and lack of any safety hand grips or safety mat in the tiled shower stall. Also the A/C heat unit was a bit noisy but probably not much more so than we've found at other accommodations. The overall location, a little away from the main road, was quiet and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kookaburra Lodge is a 12 room motel set in tropical gardens in the heart of historical Yungaburra village. Each room is en suite and air-conditioned with its own veranda where room service breakfasts are served. The motel's off-highway location is a bonus with no traffic noise. We are within walking distance from restaurants, shops and Peterson creek where the Platypus live. We are also Bike Friendly so if your riding the Mountain Bike Trails or the scenic roads around the Tablelands we have secure storage for your bike along with workbench and tools and wash down area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kookaburra Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kookaburra Hotel Yungaburra
- Kookaburra Motel Yungaburra