“Awesome Place!!”

On the Wallaby Lodge
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Awesome Place!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here while on a study abroad trip and it was amazing. The local flea market was really cool and had a lot to offer. The shops and bars near the hostel were pretty good for the area. NOT TO MENTION THERE ARE PLATYPI NEARBY!!! The people who stayed there while me and my friends did were really fun. I had a great time and if I ever get to go back to Australia I am definitely staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We booked a 2 days, one night package wich included lots of great outdoors experiences and a night at the lodge. The lodge itself was really cozy, everything was clean, and the staff is extraordinary! We got to go mountain-biking, wildlife spotting- canooing, see the Milla-Milla falls, and more! We even got to see a platypus :)

The staff and tourguides are beyond helpful and welcoming, aswell as very informative and knowledgable. Bart an Tracy made this trip a great memory for me and my boyfriend, and we will definitly come back the next time we're in Australia!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here in December 2012, and did the 2 Day 1 Night Atherton Tablelands Tour, and it was amazing!! It was a lot of fun, the people were friendly, funny and helpful. :) The hostel itself is big, well-kept, pleasant, clean, etc. The meals were really good and I definitely did not go hungry. The biking and canoeing was great as well, we spotted some wallabies on the way. I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a really nice place to stay! Great atmosphere, clean, and everyone was really nice and helpful. Has a good kitchen too. Stayed two nights, and went biking in the area two days with their mountain bikes - they recommended a really nice loop through the countryside / rainforest the first day, and the second day, I biked around lake tilaroo which is beautiful! (the dirt road is fine for biking, it took me about 5 hrs with lots of walks through the forest, the only hilly part is on the 52 between lake barrine and the hostel, the dirt trail is relatively flat). Really beautiful area, although it will be hard to get around if you don't have a car and don't want to bike. If you do their two day tour though, which is great, you'll see a lot and it's really fun! I am glad I stayed, and highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Tracy, Kim and Sydney made our 2 day, 1 nt tour such a lovely experience. The hostel was homely, comfortable and very relaxed. The bbq dinner was superb also. 5 of us girls stayed for the 2nd day of the tour which was well worth it to see the curtain fig tree, biking and canoeing. Would recommend this lodge/tour to all.

Room Tip: The whole hostel is good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Bedford
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a tour. Staff were really friendly and took time to show us round the hostel so we knew where everything was. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was clean. We had the BBQ in the evening which was excellent and breakfast which was also good.
The hostel is quite small but I think this is good as everyone is friendly and the place has a homely feel to it. There are board games and puzzles to play and the kitchen is well equipped.
We did the bike tour and canoeing and I'd definitely do it again.
Would stay here without hesitation

• Stayed July 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Paul and his team, gave myself and my friends an experience that we will never forget. the hostel was friendly and fun, facilities were amazing and defiantly helped our group become more socially involved with each other. this place is amazing and cant wait to go back!
paulie if you see this thanks heaps from the i didnt know italy was in europe girl! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yungaburra
Kookaburra Lodge
#3 of 6 in Atherton
Lake Eacham Tourist Park
Lake Eacham Tourist Park
#4 of 7 in Yungaburra

Been to On the Wallaby Lodge? Share your experiences!