“We will dine at Nick's every time we visit FNQ!”

Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: European, Italian, Swiss
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have only been to FNQ twice, and twice we have eaten at Nick's Restaurant. Both times were warm, welcoming, very helpful staff, great ambience, and the most wonderful food you could imagine. Gluten free dietary needs were no problem at Nick's.

2  Thank Ian C

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here for the second time with my wife. Service was excellent, food was superb and atmosphere of the place even though it was a Thursday night was brilliant. Always worth the trip up the Gillies!

2  Thank JohnPervan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I never enjoy writing up bad reviews but I regret this hole can be found in such a beautiful heritage place like Yungaburra. Like the touristic restaurants peppered about Rome, this restaurant seems to be an honouring tribute to the ridicule of Italian/Swiss cuisine.

The first thing that shocked me on arrival was the outdated interior which desperately cried for a make-over. No reception, no greeting at the door. Eventually, we sat ourselves at the bar but the service was slow and we felt like we were intruding.

We decided to take food home because we feared the long waiting time. We ordered a few things off the menu but they all were badly done. We started off with the garlic bread, however nothing but rubbery. Then we found a piece of hair in the salad so we skipped it completely. Then the pizza was served with black if not very old mushrooms! No jokes! The desserts were an insult. I am not a chef but I can definitely tell the difference between a light/airy mascarpone filling layered with espresso soaked ladyfingers and a sponge with badly whipped cream and very little coffee. Our meal was inedible and I only wish I had taken it all back and asked for my $68 back.

In overall, I am appalled that this place is polluting the space where a better business would offer much better food and service and not rip off the public for dining on slop. A total disgrace and will never come back.

8  Thank girtom
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Not a big menu but a satisfactory range of dishes. Service was excellent and atmosphere terrific. Meals were complete well cooked and tasty. Prices were ok.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife being a Coeliac we find it often quite difficult when we go out for dinner and especially in a smaller place like Yungaburra I was a bit worried. But Nick's had a large variety of food available and we had pizza's two days in a row because they were that yummy!

2  Thank Schtieb