“Nice but not amazing”

Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: European, Italian, Swiss
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Service was good. Very pleasant staff. Good was just average especially when you consider the prices. It's a nice place but I wouldn't be rushing back.

4  Thank LouK15

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great restaurant with wonderful food and service. Excellent atmosphere and menu. Very welcoming... we went twice!

3  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed in one of the cottages assocated with this reataurant and dined there on the night that we arrived, with some reservations after reading some of the. reviews on this site and we were more than pleasantly surprised. Thr meals were excellent, the service outstanding, and the price commensurate with what is being charged in Cairns and surrounding areas.

My vodka and tonic was pleasant, as was our waiter. We were seated as soon as we arrived at a table of our choice and presented with a menu soon after. I ordered the schnitzal and my compansion requested the bratwurst withb rosti. The meals arrived in reasonable time and we both rated our meals as excellent. My companion ordered the creme caramel which was more than satisfactory. The waiter who served us was great and we left the restaurant, wrll fed and contented.

Dining at Nick's was a great experience.

4  Thank JohnCC169
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After 3 weeks in Australia we had the worse service in Nicks ...

It was not that bad but compared to the rest of the restaurants ... I was disappointed ... Perhaps if I had gone there first, right after leaving Europe , I would not have minded so much but ... Everywhere we were in Queensland we had smiley and friendly staff, well... Not here.

5  Thank Andmmar1
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is from the canton of Grisons so we just had to investigate why there was an enormous Grisons flag in the middle of the tablelands!
We both had pizza and were so pleased to see the chef throwing the dough above his head to stretch it (- if someone hands me another pre-baked slab of dough and calls it 'pizza' I don't know what I'll do). These pizzas were beautifully thin and crispy. Toppings could have been a little more flavorful but otherwise, very nice. Would definitely return.