“very authentic”
Review of The Hahndorf Inn

The Hahndorf Inn
Reserve with
The Hahndorf Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: German, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the picturesque Adelaide Hill's village of Hahndorf the Hahndorf Inn Hotel has a rich combination of history & hospitality.Built in 1863, the hotel has retained many of its original features in "picture postcard" style.Open 7 days and serving breakfast 8:30am to 10am and meals from 11am through to 9pm, The Hahndorf Inn is a great meeting place for friends.
Bateau Bay, Australia
“very authentic”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have eaten in Germany hundreds of times and could easily have imagined being back there. The food was excellent and was the highlight. The decor was good and the service was the same. The facade is being renovated, keeping the heritage style and so it is easy to walk past.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brooklyn Park, Australia
“I felt like I was back in Germany!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The first thing I noticed and loved about this place, was once I sat down it felt like I was back in Germany! Absolutely amazing atmosphere.

The service was good, our initial waiter was on the ball and very efficient. However after he had finished for the night there were not many waiters. So my partner went up to the counter to order dessert.

The food was nice. The only vegetarian option was the vegetarian strudel. As it is a German restaurant, this is totally understandable. Anyway, this was cooked well. Crispy shell with nicely spiced vegetables inside. The tomato relish with it was great, spicy and hot.

My partner had the steak, cooked medium rare with a serve of vegetables and salad. The meal size was very generous. He said the steak was cooked well. However, some of the vegetables were a bit raw.

The menu options are great for meat eaters and my overall experience was very good.

Brisbane, Australia
“Best pretzel I ever had”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We went here as part of the tour to have a free beer or tea. Then we decided to order a duo german sausage served with potato and pretzel. They're yum! I love tge pretzel. So soft and a bit chewy, reminded me when I lived in America. I could eat hundred of them. We would definitly come back to try other food. They're look yummy. Too bad, we're so full.

1 Thank Mr-and-Mrs-Mack
“Meat!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The host was friendly and welcoming. The shared platters are huge, lots of meat, potatoes and sauerkraut, but yum, I assume the Germans don't do greens :-) Lots of great German beers to choose from. But overall not a cheap option. Nice pub feel, cheerful staff and a fire.

“Historic ambience restaurant with nice German foods”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Love this little quiet town where there has lots of pretty and historical building which make you feel so relax during the visit. My friend and I ordered the pork knuckle set together with 1 rack of pork rib during our visit to this restaurant. I love their pork rib which is so juicy and their sausage as well. I seldom take sausage when I am in Malaysia as the German food here is not well cook, the meat is not as juicy as I had in Hahndorf Inn. We noticed that there is no price list for their German Beer but we still order half pint to try the draught German beer and guess what, the beer tasted fresh and I believe ladies will love it too. Overall, we have a great lunch there and nice evening hang out in the little town, will definitely come back here if we go Adelaide again.

• Visited May 2014