“Huge establishment!”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: German, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the picturesque Adelaide Hill's village of Hahndorf the Hahndorf Inn Hotel has a rich combination of history & hospitality.Built in 1863, the hotel has retained many of its original features in "picture postcard" style.Open 7 days and serving breakfast 8:30am to 10am and meals from 11am through to 9pm, The Hahndorf Inn is a great meeting place for friends.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Huge establishment!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We lunched here during a day trip to Handorf. I was utterly shocked when we got inside at the sheer size of the place and volume of people. It was enormous and frantic.
Clearly being busy was the norm for this place and it ran to clock work. We were hustled to the first available table and had a bit of a wait before our order was taken.
Lunch was nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. I probably would have chosen somewhere smaller had I realised how big it was before being taken to our table.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited Hahndorf Inn for dinner and it did not disappoint us. Food and beer were excellent. It's a must go restaurant when you are in Hahndorf.

Visited June 2014
Bateau Bay, Australia
“very authentic”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have eaten in Germany hundreds of times and could easily have imagined being back there. The food was excellent and was the highlight. The decor was good and the service was the same. The facade is being renovated, keeping the heritage style and so it is easy to walk past.

Brooklyn Park, Australia
“I felt like I was back in Germany!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The first thing I noticed and loved about this place, was once I sat down it felt like I was back in Germany! Absolutely amazing atmosphere.

The service was good, our initial waiter was on the ball and very efficient. However after he had finished for the night there were not many waiters. So my partner went up to the counter to order dessert.

The food was nice. The only vegetarian option was the vegetarian strudel. As it is a German restaurant, this is totally understandable. Anyway, this was cooked well. Crispy shell with nicely spiced vegetables inside. The tomato relish with it was great, spicy and hot.

My partner had the steak, cooked medium rare with a serve of vegetables and salad. The meal size was very generous. He said the steak was cooked well. However, some of the vegetables were a bit raw.

The menu options are great for meat eaters and my overall experience was very good.

Brisbane, Australia
“Best pretzel I ever had”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We went here as part of the tour to have a free beer or tea. Then we decided to order a duo german sausage served with potato and pretzel. They're yum! I love tge pretzel. So soft and a bit chewy, reminded me when I lived in America. I could eat hundred of them. We would definitly come back to try other food. They're look yummy. Too bad, we're so full.

1 Thank Mr-and-Mrs-Mack