“Beautiful scenery, great friendly service wonderful family time”

Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park
Adelaide, Australia
“Beautiful scenery, great friendly service wonderful family time”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Spent the last 2 nights in Rawensly Park 2 bedroom cabin. Staff were so friendly and helpful and provided us information about camp walks. First day completed 6 km walk and next day walked to rawnsley bluff and Wilpena pond lookout, both were fantastic and the views amazing. The walk did not take the 6 hours we were told it would we completed it in 4.5 worth every minute of it and am sure we will remember it forever. Please note the walk is very steep in some places and not everyone would be able to do it but saying that we saw older campers complete it and toddlers so may not be as bad as we thought. Had dinner on restaurant on both nights and meals were lovely. Before we went home went to Wilpena pound facilities and were shocked at how rude and unhelpful staff were. I would not other travelling up there stay at Rawensly park the whole time and make that your base.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank caratal
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thanks so much for your review. Your information is valuable for others looking at coming to the area. I find the walks fantastic here and one of the best things to do, especially the Rawnsley Bluff walk which you described. I hope your experience at Wilpena didn't spoil your holiday because it is such a nice spot.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a nice stay, 3G and satellite TV available in very nice camp kitchen. Cabin was clean and roomy, we should have asked for ensuite but amenities weren't too far away. Shop in park was useful. Unsealed road was well maintained.

Room Tip: We forgot to check if the cabin had ensuite but still a nice cabin. Follow signs to caravan park not...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thanks for your review. We are proud of our camp kitchen as it has been a great tourist attraction and now we have Telstra 3G and a huge TV it has become a very popular spot. Thank you for coming to stay with us and I hope to see you back one day.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Never having travelled to the Flinders Ranges before, I was a little unsure of what to expect. Well, if I had only known, I would have booked for a longer trip. The accommodation in the eco villa was second to none - far superior to most hotels/motels I have stayed at. But more importantly for me, management and staff could not have done any more to make me feel welcome and at home from the moment I arrived. The owners [Tony and Julie] went out of their way to make my stay a memorable one and my walking guide [Kym] took me under his wing and adopted me for the novice I was - thank you so much Kym. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for thier warmth and hospitality.
Now, as for the Flinders - breathtaking views, fascinating wildlife and flora, wonderful walks - a mix of glorious relaxation and outdoor activity in whatever proportion you wish. Cannot recommend Rawnsley and the Flinders highly enough!! I can't wait to get back next October...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
I am glad you enjoyed your first experience of the Flinders Ranges. All our staff here try and make the experience in the flinders as enjoyable as possible as it doesn't just reflect on us but also the whole region. Look forward to seeing you back here.
Victor Harbor, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A superb caravan park, I like to visit at least once a year. The sites and amenities are excellent, the view in the evenings is to die for.The staff are very helpful and friendly. Plenty to do with walks, tours,and self drive. This is by far the best area in the Flinders.

Sharron M

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharron M
I am glad you come back every year, We see so many familiar faces of people who return to soak up the Flinders Ranges Environment. One of the points I strongly agree with is the view at Sunset looking towards the Bluff, It is my favourite time of Day here. Thanks for your review and I hope to see you next year.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rawnsley Station seems to cater for everyone. There were campers, caravanner's, basic demountable cottages and luxury ecco lodges all on the one property and everyone seemed to be happy with their lot. And there was a great restaurant for all to share. Our demountable cottage was basic but had all we needed as we were there to experience the wonders of the Flinders Rangers. We took a full day tour in a 4X4 which was excellent and did a half hour flight over Wilpena Pound as well as doing a self drive on the property. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the scenery is breathtaking. My tip is take the advice of the reception staff and you will have a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank h_wehl
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thankyou for your kind review of Rawnsley Park. Our staff always try and give the best possible advise to make a Flinders experience memorable. Sounds like you had one of those experiences. We are glad you enjoyed it and we hope you spread the word.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I had never visited the area before. We spent 4 weeks caravanning and camping from north to south. We stayed in places as far north as Arkaroola and as far south as Melrose. Rawnsley Park is by far the best place we stayed. The sites are superbly located, the amenities first rate and the walks wonderful. Of all the walks we did we felt Clem's Corner within Rawnsley was the most breathtaking and we did many long and short walks throughout our trip in lots of places. Unlike St. Mary's Peak from Wilpena which is crowded with walkers the walk to Wilpena Lookout from Rawnsley was done in peaceful solitude. The wildflowers along this route were stunning. The staff were very friendly and they even stored our camper as we ventured into areas only accessible by 4 wheel drive vehicle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
WOW! It is great to hear that you believe we are the best in the Flinders, I must say that I think so aswell. I agree with you about the crowds, it's more quiet over this side of the pound, less of the mainstream traffic which I believe gives you better Nature Experience. Thanks for writing such a positive review and we hope you enjoyed the whole region.
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a great place to stay, right in the heart of the Flinders Ranges. We were on a strict budget, and decided to stay in the park cabins - and so glad we did. Clean, comfortable and with lovely views across to Wilpena Pound, it was more than we'd hoped for. Would recommend to anyone wanting an affordable, friendly and relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Our cabins in the Caravan Park maybe budget but they have the best posistion out of all of them. Right on a creek line and views out to Rawnsley Bluff. We are glad you liked them and thank you for taking the time to add some photo's.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawker
Wilpena Pound Resort
#7 of 9 in Hawker
Hawker Hotel
Hawker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hawker

Been to Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park? Share your experiences!