“Rawnsley Park Station - Fantastic”

Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have camped at Rawnsley Park Station probabaly 3-4 times over the past 4 years, and we still love staying there for the relaxed atmosphere, beautiful scenery, good park facilities and very helpful staff who run the park.
There is a restaurant at the beginning of the park, 'The Woolshed' where you can go for a lovely meal and a drink, for a break from camp food!
There is a choice of powered & unpowered camp sites, cabins and eco-cabins.
There are lots of things to do for all ages and abilities and I would recommend you visit sometime.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review on Rawnsley Park. All our Staff here strive to give all visitors the best experience possible. This way people leave the region planning their next trip back. We are all glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had an amazing time at Rawnsley Park. The easier walks for the 'novice' hikers like us who aren't quite as fit as others, were absolutely beautiful, well worth the effort. Even sitting outside the caravan and taking in the incredible views was awe inspiring. Only negative was 'the flies' but a small outlay of $8.00 to buy a fly net to protect your head was money well spent. I agree with other writers though, the views and walks at Wilpena Pound were fantastic but the staff at Wilpena Pound facilities were not at all helpful, quite abrupt and not welcoming at all. Such a shame for such a wonderful place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret P
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thanks for your review. I agree with you about the views from the sites around the park . I have stood on everyone and they all have some sort of view of Rawnsley Bluff which is spectacular at Sunset. The flies are the worst they have been here for many years so they are not normally that bad. I hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Spent the last 2 nights in Rawensly Park 2 bedroom cabin. Staff were so friendly and helpful and provided us information about camp walks. First day completed 6 km walk and next day walked to rawnsley bluff and Wilpena pond lookout, both were fantastic and the views amazing. The walk did not take the 6 hours we were told it would we completed it in 4.5 worth every minute of it and am sure we will remember it forever. Please note the walk is very steep in some places and not everyone would be able to do it but saying that we saw older campers complete it and toddlers so may not be as bad as we thought. Had dinner on restaurant on both nights and meals were lovely. Before we went home went to Wilpena pound facilities and were shocked at how rude and unhelpful staff were. I would not other travelling up there stay at Rawensly park the whole time and make that your base.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank caratal

Thanks so much for your review. Your information is valuable for others looking at coming to the area. I find the walks fantastic here and one of the best things to do, especially the Rawnsley Bluff walk which you described. I hope your experience at Wilpena didn't spoil your holiday because it is such a nice spot.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a nice stay, 3G and satellite TV available in very nice camp kitchen. Cabin was clean and roomy, we should have asked for ensuite but amenities weren't too far away. Shop in park was useful. Unsealed road was well maintained.

Room Tip: We forgot to check if the cabin had ensuite but still a nice cabin. Follow signs to caravan park not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thanks for your review. We are proud of our camp kitchen as it has been a great tourist attraction and now we have Telstra 3G and a huge TV it has become a very popular spot. Thank you for coming to stay with us and I hope to see you back one day.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Never having travelled to the Flinders Ranges before, I was a little unsure of what to expect. Well, if I had only known, I would have booked for a longer trip. The accommodation in the eco villa was second to none - far superior to most hotels/motels I have stayed at. But more importantly for me, management and staff could not have done any more to make me feel welcome and at home from the moment I arrived. The owners [Tony and Julie] went out of their way to make my stay a memorable one and my walking guide [Kym] took me under his wing and adopted me for the novice I was - thank you so much Kym. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for thier warmth and hospitality.
Now, as for the Flinders - breathtaking views, fascinating wildlife and flora, wonderful walks - a mix of glorious relaxation and outdoor activity in whatever proportion you wish. Cannot recommend Rawnsley and the Flinders highly enough!! I can't wait to get back next October...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I am glad you enjoyed your first experience of the Flinders Ranges. All our staff here try and make the experience in the flinders as enjoyable as possible as it doesn't just reflect on us but also the whole region. Look forward to seeing you back here.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

A superb caravan park, I like to visit at least once a year. The sites and amenities are excellent, the view in the evenings is to die for.The staff are very helpful and friendly. Plenty to do with walks, tours,and self drive. This is by far the best area in the Flinders.

Sharron M

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharron M

I am glad you come back every year, We see so many familiar faces of people who return to soak up the Flinders Ranges Environment. One of the points I strongly agree with is the view at Sunset looking towards the Bluff, It is my favourite time of Day here. Thanks for your review and I hope to see you next year.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rawnsley Station seems to cater for everyone. There were campers, caravanner's, basic demountable cottages and luxury ecco lodges all on the one property and everyone seemed to be happy with their lot. And there was a great restaurant for all to share. Our demountable cottage was basic but had all we needed as we were there to experience the wonders of the Flinders Rangers. We took a full day tour in a 4X4 which was excellent and did a half hour flight over Wilpena Pound as well as doing a self drive on the property. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the scenery is breathtaking. My tip is take the advice of the reception staff and you will have a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank h_wehl
Kym G, Manager at Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thankyou for your kind review of Rawnsley Park. Our staff always try and give the best possible advise to make a Flinders experience memorable. Sounds like you had one of those experiences. We are glad you enjoyed it and we hope you spread the word.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawker
Rawnsley Park Station Eco Villas
#2 of 3 in Hawker
Hawker Hotel
Hawker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hawker

Been to Rawnsley Park Station Caravan Park? Share your experiences!