“Fabulous venue and service”
Review of Russell Jeavons

Russell Jeavons
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Willunga
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous venue and service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was one of many who were at Russell's for a wedding reception. Forget the sit down wedding reception - stand up ( with some chairs). The pizza was delicious and KEPT ON COMING. Several wood fires to keep us warm on a quiet night. When I arrived with my brother to collect various goods and chattels the next morning - they were just a delightful as they had been the night before.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank JohnEffCee

Adelaide, Australia
“pizza @ wedding”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at this venue. Hence my review will focus on the food rather than the venue as the happy couple helped to decorate etc.
We were greeted with platters of food and the standout item for me were the olives. Yum! I guess they were local! The wood oven pizzas were delicious. I got to try a range of them as that was how the event was being catered. My favourite was the seafood one. The ingredients were succulent and fresh and generous. A close second was the margarita and it was obvious that they used fresh tomatoes and basil. Enjoyed the food, happy to return if I was in the district!

• Visited February 2014
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude waitress”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We went here in nov 2012 and were impressed by the service and menu so decided to go again for my birthday in nov 2013. When booking we were told there was a table available for the first sitting and the table was booked again for 8pm but were told that we could sit outside by the fire if we wanted to finish our food or have a drink. We arrived at 6pm and were told they were not ready for service. At 6.30 our order was taken and food arrived quickly. We were half way through our bottle of wine and had pizza remaining when a rude young waitress approached our table and said it is 8pm and the next booking is here so you will have to leave. There was no offer of sitting by the fire, we were basically told to leave! We felt so rushed we grabbed the remainder of our bottle of wine, left the unbeaten pizza on the table and rushed out. It ruined our night. Of course there was no offer of sweets. So if anyone else wants a nice relaxing meal and wine and a chat do not book the first session - go elsewhere where they will appreciate your business

Visited November 2013
“Simple delicious food. Buzzing venue”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Recently had a family gathering here and loved it. Food was absolutely excellent, the atmosphere was electric and service friendly and efficient. No frills, but none needed.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Worth a try - and note for vegetarians”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I went here with my extended family for a post Christmas gathering. It was a Friday night and super busy! The atmosphere was great, quirky venue, lots of character. The food was good, but service was slow. The concept of all you can eat with 40minutes between pizzas is interesting....Upfront, we were asked if there were any dietary requirements and I mentioned I was vegetarian. The waitress said that was "no problem". The starters came out, that was fine. Then a margarita pizza. Then, the next hour included slow service of all meat pizzas. I was quite disappointed as I felt like my requirements had been heard, but to then not give me anything I could eat since entree?? Being Christmas time and over indulging, the small amount I had eaten was fine, but knowing I was to pay the same as the rest of the guests didn't sit well with me. Another guest followed up for me, and the waitress spoke to me about the two options I had. By the time the pizza came out it was over an hour since I had my last piece.

Overall, the food is good, but wanted to write this in case other vegetarians were to visit . Be warned! You will need to follow up, and don't wait as long as I did :-)

• Visited December 2013