“Nice surprise”
Review of Chahinkapa Zoo

Chahinkapa Zoo
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Wahpeton
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a really nice surprise for a town of this size. The zoo has 70 different species of animals, but over 200 for a head count. Nice size, not too big, and not too small to keep the interest of the younger children. There is a carousel that has been refurbished that is worth the $2 donation per person to check out the museum and ride. You can watch as they work with the animals, so check out the schedule online to plan ahead if you want to see them training animals.

All reviews
"lemurs"
"blast"
"tal"

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I loved how close you could get to the animals. They have a white bengal tiger which was the whole reason why I decided to go a little out of my way to go there. My 2 yr old absolutely loved being able to pet the sheep and going by the turtles. They have a little petting zoo within the zoo but they were feeding the animals so I didnt want to bother them. I want to go back. Next time I'll probably make a day or 2 of it since there is a small campground, a pool, and a playground. We rode the carousel even though I was a bit hesitant since it was a little extra but my son loved it so it was worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I went here with my 2 and 7 year old while visiting my parents and sister. We are members of the Cincinnati Zoo. We love checking out all the different zoos. This was one of my favorite small zoo we have been to! It was perfect for young kids. My kids especially loved feeding all the ducks and being able to pet the baby sheep and the tortoises! The monkeys were very entertaining. The price is very affordable and everything is very family friendly and clean as well. My only complaint was all the mosquitoes, but growing up in North Dakota, I know it is just what comes with a summer day =)

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We live near Chahinkapa Zoo and love coming here. The kids love the petting zoo. We could sit and watch the otters and monkeys all day. Beware the peacocks that freely roam the zoo! Family membership is a great value. Don't forget to ride the restored carousel next door while your here!

1  Thank Mymanimal