“I love, love, love this motel!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wahpeton
Bloomington, IL
“I love, love, love this motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been staying at this motel twice a year for over 14 years, and I love staying there. Everyone in this motel, it seems, is like a family member to me, and makes me feel more than welcome! Barb, the head housekeeper keeps her motel rooms at their very best, and her daughter, Amber, as assistant is great also. Having either one of them clean my room makes everything wonderful! They have the "special touch!"
I wish the pictures in this showed the updated rooms and their loveliness. I am more comfortable at this motel than at any other.
This motel is the quietest ever, and the morning breakfast is extremely varied and delicious.

Room Tip: Just asks the front desk! They will be totally honest with you. For me, I always want to have the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank slewis123000
Linda H, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton, responded to this review, 21 March 2015
Thanks you for your great review of our "new" hotel. The hotel is 19yrs old! It looks newer because of the care we take in offering our Guest clean and comfortable accommodations. Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks again,
Linda H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Okoboji, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean, quiet and comfortable room. All amenities worked as expected. Breakfast was good and hot on a very cold winter morning. Staff was friendly and lobby was clean. I did not utilize other features, but my room was warm and comfortable and the TV worked fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your great review. Looking forward to your next visit. Thanks for staying with us! Linda
Strasburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The stay was satisfactory. Clean and comfortable. I knew the area so didn't utilize staff much. The pool water chemicals weren't correct as the water should have been clearer, and chlorine was so strong. Still, the kids enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

I just wanted to take a moment and apologize for your recent say at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites in Wahpeton, ND. I am the new General Manager at the AmericInn. My name is Linda Hoffman.
As of this point forward my goals are to make sure all guests that stay with us at the AmericInn in Wapheton that their needs and wants are met.
As for the AmericInn staffing, I am moving forward on retaining all employees for they can have the can-do attitude and willing to make sure the guess are very satisfied with their stay at the AmericInn.
Once again, I do apologize for your pass stay at the AmericInn was not a satisfied visit. I hope you can give us another chance and visit us again.
Thanks for staying with us!

Linda Hoffman - General Manager
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very up to date. Clean. Made me feel comfortable. Nice bed. Internet had no issues. Had a Jacuzzi and fireplace in room. Good hot fresh coffee with flavored creamers was nice in the morning. Friendly staff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul S
Bismarck
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is fine - probably one of the better ones in Wahpeton. However, the staff was not particularly helpful when there were problems with our room. We finally got it resolved, and then received a phone call in the middle of the night from the desk clerk asking us if we were in the room or could she rent it to someone else? Overall, it was a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jennifer B

Linda Hoffman - General Manager
MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Check in great. No problems. I have a "plug in car" and plugged into block heater outlet. A guest told me that the receptacle I plugged into was reportedly not working the previous night. But, I said, my car says it's charging. Later, I got a call from the desk that asked if I had a hybrid or some sort of plug in car? I said yes, and they told me to plug into a different outlet. Maint. guy had seen my "error". This was all a bit strange because I was never asked to put down car make, model, and license number. Only in small towns :). Outlet was working though but a little loose so maybe previous "block heater" customer had a problem. Point is: They were trying to take care of their guests (in a small town way). King bed with small fridge and micro was great. Breakfast was OK, just like all the other hotel waffles etc. Nothing special, but an Ok and cheap start to a day. Breakfast area needed a little more attention as some things were getting pretty low. Welcoming emails prior to visit and thank-you emails were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Can't remember the room number but it was first floor on the South end. Close to alternate entr...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandcrabMn
Mayville, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We recently stayed at the AmericInn in Wahpeton, ND as we have often done, and found it to be an excellent place to stay! The staff is efficient, helpful, friendly, and thoughtful. The rooms are clean and confortable. Microwave and refrigerator in each room is clean and convenient. The complimentary breakfast was well served, fresh, and tasty. Individual cereals, individual milk cartons, and fresh fruit added to the comfort and convenience of the breakfast. We plan to stay there many more times in the future!

Room Tip: There are a variety of room choices. The traveler should ask for exactly what he/she wants and he/s...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarilynWorner
Thanks for your great review. I am the new General Manager at the AmericInn. My name is Linda Hoffman.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks for staying with us! Linda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wahpeton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fergus Falls
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Fergus Falls
Baymont Inn & Suites Wahpeton

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton? Share your experiences!