“Dirty pool and bathroom”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wahpeton
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The pool was dirty. There was a ring of dirt, like in a bathtub, around the pool, with hair and mold and who knows what else. Eww. I love to swim, but not in a dirty pool. The water was also just a little bit too cold for me. The bathtub was dirty when we looked in it, also there was a dirty washcloth and an open bar of soap on the bathroom counter. The bed was too soft for me. I didn't sleep very well. My back still hurts. The hot tub was nice, though. Good temperature, and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Erin S

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

The customer service here is horrible. The guy at the front desk can't speak English nor understand English. I basically had to check myself inn. When needed the hotel staff was no where to be found. The breakfast not good at all. The food that was suppose to be warm was cold and the food that was suppose to be cold was warm. Got into bed to find hair and stained sheets. I will never be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Richie21
Reviewed 30 December 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Yes we pulled in late But I had called ahead so when we got there after 2am we had to call and wake her up. We asked for a larger room...but she said there were tables in there n she would have take them out and sounding like it was just a big hassle. You could tell she just wanted to go to sleep which along with the fact that there was a smell and that on a early sat am no one was there...should of told us to keep going! So it takes a long time she claimed card wouldn't work we pAid cash...now we know that was just becuse she wanted the cash...so we get our stuff into two rooms kids 5 of them all tired so we get them ready for bed it was well after 4am by this time I pulled back the sheets to find them all full of hair!!! Like a lot of hair! So I went back to front desk to wake her again n stupid us allowed her to just move us too a different room. Now the place smelled,carpet filthy n this room was no better than the other one...and no one was Evan there! When we told family there how it was they said get out of there! We should left the second we seen all the hair Everyone said it was nasty n that no one ever stays there. I just feel so dumb that we didn't leave there rIght away and sick that
we smelled how icky it was till we left. The bathroom had hair n pee on toilet! Hair on tub. Icky icky icky!!!! We should of gotten our money back!!! It was so nasty!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank pkl06
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This is a very clean and comfortable motel. The staff is not very friendly. When I checked in (I admit it was late, about 1 AM) I don't think the guy said hello when I came in or said thank you or good night when he gave my key. The breakfast is ok. However everything was low or gone (coffee, rolls, etc.). The milk was warm and the orange juice was watered down. The breakfast area was not really tended to at all (nothing was cleaned up, this was about 8:30 AM).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had recently stayed here for two nights and the hotel was a pleasant surprise. The staff was quite friendly for me and it was an easy check in. The rooms were what I expected and the breakfast was up to par. I would recommend staying here for anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I checked in, and was told all of my credit cards were declined. Which in turn ALL had charges from the hotel on them. Staff was terrbile. Manager did not speak English and did not understand what the problem was therefor would not help me resolve the issue. i had to call my cards several times before i resolved it. Bed and carpet were filthy. I had a room by the entrance and heard the door slamming all night long. Breakfast to be desired.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Emzer75
Reviewed 22 July 2007

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for two nights in July for a special event in the area. The staff was very welcoming and very helpful. No problem was too much for them and they were always extremely pleasant. The room was comfortable and large and everything was in good condition. The breakfast was average, but sufficient. This was formerly a Comfort Inn and is not worn out but is an inexpensive building as you can hear heavy footsteps from the second floor rooms. Another issue was a railroad being very near the north end of the building with freight traffic. I'd suggest a room at the south end. The pool and spa looked nice, but we did not use them. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank FarAndWide_Traveller

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!