“Highly recommended! ”

Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Watford City
“Highly recommended! ”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in! Starting with the hospitality, nice rooms, and the amenities they offer. Which is nice to have when away from your home. I also like this is family owned and I feel this makes a big difference on how you are treated as a guest :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Effingham
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The room was nice--comparable to the Wingate in Bismarck where I stayed the night before. I got in after 10pm and the night clerk had my papers out for late arrival. I asked if there was a place to get a meal at that hour and he suggested the Outliers, which was helpful. The desk in the room was convenient for computer use with plug-ins in the lamp base. However, the chair was one with height adjustment that was broken and stuck at a low position, so the keyboard level was about at my chest. The internet connection was reliable both night and morning. The bathroom was nice, but a trivial item--the shower head put out more water than I needed at low pressure. The shower would have been nicer and I think more economical if the pressure were higher with less water. The continental breakfast selection was a little better than average from what I've seen.

Most travelers will be aware Watford is in the middle of the oil boom area of NW North Dakota. Therefore accommodations are expensive. The room was $140 which I do not consider a good value, but not unreasonable for a boom town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Oxford, Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Roosevelt Inn as an overnight stopover on our way through North Dakota to visit the Theodore Roosevelt National Park's North Unit. Although the Hotel lost our e-mail reservations, they still had space available in the Hotel's newer wing. I paid more, but had a really spacious room that nicely accommodated the 3 of us. This is the heart of North Dakota oil territory and the town of Watford City is quite busy with semi and pickup truck traffic. It was obvious that many oil workers were staying at the hotel but it was still very quiet and clean. I highly recommend it and, by all means, if you have time visit the Roosevelt National Park!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Deadhorse, Alaska
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Hotel was clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful. Continental breakfast was good. Nice Pool and hot tub. Centrally located in the town. I was only there for one night but everything was fine for that night. Spent a nice evening with co-workers on the deck using the hotel grill and visiting. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Watford City is in the heart of the N. Dakota oil boom and the entire town is surrounded by oil workers and their trucks and housing. The Roosevelt is attractive and very well maintained. My kids enjoyed their indoor pool area. They have a nice weight and exercise room and offer a hot breakfast. Hands down the best roadside inn or motel we stayed a during our long, cross-country road trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Omaha
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I would ordinarily give this hotel a 4 out of 5 or maybe a 5 out of 5 except for the fact that of the 3 nights we stayed their our room wasn't cleaned the next day on one of the nights. If this was not bad enough some time ago we stayed here also and our room wasn't cleaned on 2 or the 3 nights. To make it worse, management said we probably left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Give me a break! We may have on one night but 3 of 6 nights, NO. Then to insult me even more they tried to tell me that it has NEVER happened to anyone else. This can be a great place to stay if management gets their act together. Next time I'll try another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TerryOmaha
roosevelts, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback! We will do our best to ensure we double check our stay-overs and improve from this.The housekeeping log did show that you had your DND out - I am so sorry for the mistake on our end. I wish I would have known during your stay so we could have made sure it was not missed again. We are proud of the fact that missed stay-overs rarely happen. I apologized at your check out and credited your balance when you and your son received the final invoice but I apologize again. God Bless!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I used to live in Watford City and return occasionally for personal reasons. I have found this motel to be very accomodating, clean, and reasonably priced. The location is convenient, the staff is friendly, the rooms have been clean, and the free breakfast cannot be beat. I will continue to stay here when i return.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the old section and the new. Both were clean and convenient.