“Fine”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Fargo
“Fine”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Can't beat the price. Located in a moderately bustling business district, yet didn't hear much for traffic. Seems much of the clientel are workers. There was an 'odor' to the room but it was bearable (pool/hottub/nicotine/many years of traffic). The room was clean. The owner interacts with customers. If you are looking to save some money, stay in a clean room, and snack on a basic menu of cereal/muffin/waffle's/juice/coffee....or McD's next door. This is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay at this hotel. The room was extremely large, giving plenty of room to move around and perfect for having a few friends over to visit. It was a king bed with a full (hide-a-bed) couch and a reclining chair, a sizeable desk, dresser, and a couple end tables. All of the furniture was that oversized stuff that makes you feel like you're royalty. There was also a decent mini fridge and a microwave. The main draw of the room was the hot tub, which was really not that impressive, just an oversized bathtub with jets. However, it was separate from the bathroom and had it's own space which was definitely nice. And, we certainly enjoyed it!
The staff was exceptional! Happily providing extra towels when our Jeep got rained on, after we'd taken the top down, and been surprised by a sudden shower. Also, accommodating us with a late check out on short notice due to a later than expected night. ^_~

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
West Fargo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

So, if you get it for cheap, go ahead. rooms are OK, clean, beds are OK. Breakfast, go to McDonalds next door...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

gupta08, General Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I'm disconcerted by the fact that you found our accommodations inadequate to your standards. I would like to point out that Howard Johnson properties are not mandated to provide a full fledged hot breakfast and the required items were duly served. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Kind Regards, Sam.

Travellers are raving about these West Fargo hotels

Longwood
Reviewed 21 May 2014

When I checked in to the hotel, the front desk was more than friendly, they were welcoming. When I mentioned that I was looking for a hotel in another city four hours away, she offered to help me look! She made numerous phone calls and went far above and beyond the call of duty trying to help. She was then apologetic that she had not been able to find any! I was amazed! When I needed to extend my stay at the last minute, they not only accommodated me, but offered me the same rate as I had received with the advanced booking, which was absolutely wonderful! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the service was exceptional. Very nice people. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate your kind review of our property. It gives us great pride in seeing that we were able to make your stay with us as pleasant and gratifying as you pointed out. However, rest assured that we will not become complacent and will continue to strive for the highest standard possible. Kind Regards, Sam.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Fargo
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fargo
My Place Hotel-Fargo, ND
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fargo
Biltmore Hotel & Suites-Newly Renovated

Been to Howard Johnson West Fargo? Share your experiences!