“Bad Bad Motel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
dakotas
“Bad Bad Motel”
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The manager at the front desk was the rudist person I have ever met. They jacked the price up on us, there was so much dog poop on the sidewalk you had to watch every step you took, and the rooms were filthy.
We had to buy lysol and clean the bathroom. We would have left but there were no other rooms in Fargo, I told the rude manager he was ripping us off then they jacked the price up and he threw my card back at me and said I can go stay somewhre else but good luck all the motels are booked. He knew he had us it made me so mad, we had 6 rooms and NEVER will any of us stay there again... I called customer service and they really didn't seem to care.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank iznek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bismarck, ND
Reviewed 29 January 2010

My husband and I stayed here while he was having surgery in the area. We stayed here because of cost and the fact they would accept pets - we had a sick animal at the time that could not be left alone. Needless to say, this was an emotional time for us. The hotel itself was run-down and not very clean. However, the kicker came when it was time to check out. I had dyed my hair two days before our trip, but for some reason the dye came off on a towel when I washed my hair. I went to the front desk to ask if I could pay to replace the towel. It was my fault. The gentleman - Mr. Patel -- began yelling at me and never come back. These people were rude and uncommunicative to begin with, but come on. I was in tears when I left and will never return to this place again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jmill7

Travellers are raving about these West Fargo hotels

Lisbon, ND
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I seldom find a place that is so gross that I take the time to comment but this place was the WORST! The hotel smelled like an old crackhouse mixed with tobacco smoke and toe jam. We actually went to Walmart and spent $20 on febreeze and air fresheners and another $20 on a fan to make it through the night. When we asked to be changed she said she had no rooms, but then as we were standing there she gave a room to someone else and said they had a bunch available! The blankets were filthy and we found what appeared to be someone's old novelty 'love toy' reminants next to the night stand. I ended up spending part of the night in the car. It was horrible. The only good point was it was next to a McD's so you could at least wake up from sleeping in your car and go right through the drive through.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GreenBean055
Baltimore
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We just wanted a simple place to sleep - no frills. This place fit the bill. We stayed 3 nights and saw various staff. All were friendly. When we were there, the juice machine was broken and each time we came to breakfast, a staff member pulled a pitcher of orange juice out of the fridge for us. The waffles were great.

The rooms are plenty big. I thought beds were comfortable but one person with me thought the pillows were too hard.

The worst part is the parking lot. It isn't well lit and they were doing construction on the access road . Not the best part of town but we had no trouble while we were there.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Altus OK
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I was embarrass and insulated by the woman at the front desk in front of other guest.I will never stay at an 8 again. NO WAY! I was left speechless and to be true have no Ida why. I was told I was rude !?! I was never rude and It hurt since I liked her to begin with and even told a maid she had a cool boss . I was left in a state of Shock.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AltusOKOutSider11
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I booked this hotel because the hotels in Grand Forks were full, and it really should have two reviews. Sooo....

Review 1: The room
The room was clean and comfortable. Though somewhat spartan, it was certainly big enough. I would have preferred a comfy chair in addition to what was there, but on the whole the room was good for the price.

Review 2: Everything else
Yuk. I pulled into a small, poorly lit parking lot. The car I parked next to had a "Reward" sign in the window and broken glass next to it. Not a good omen. The check in desk and lobby were dingy and grubby. So you can imagine my shock when I saw the room was alright.

Overall, this was ok. I'd stay there again if traveling solo. My wife would never stay here.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
My Place Hotel-Fargo, ND
Super 8 Fargo Airport
Super 8 Fargo Airport
#38 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Super 8 West Fargo Main Ave ND? Share your experiences!