“Think twice before you stay here”

Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Batavia
New York
“Think twice before you stay here”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Made my reservation more than a week ahead by phone and confirmed a king bed and that internet was available. Upon check-in, I was told that all the king rooms had been given away and that they were "working" on the wi-fi. Ok, two doubles, no worries. Then the sink doesn't work, there are no bedspreads on the beds, not to mention the overflowing trash bins at the bottom of the stairways. I did complain and they moved me to another room (which had a king sized bed, so go figure) but I'll be staying in a different chain hotel next time I visit family in Ohio.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank newschik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This hotel was VERY clean! The staff there was absolutely magnificent and i would definitely stay here again! The staff was very willing to answer questions that i had about local restaurants, activities, etc. They also were very willing to give us extra towels, etc as needed. They have a beautiful pool room, work out room and jacuzzi! They even provide a 10% discount to AARP members. I saw some other reviews about it being a bad hotel. I feel that every business is not perfect. Things happen people!!! I LOVE this hotel! I would definitely recommend this to others!!

Room Tip: They provide an AARP discount of 10%
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bandk938
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Manager looked like she was ready to go out on the town. If I saw any more of her breasts, I'm pretty sure it would have been illegal. During our entire stay, her manner of dress was not professional at all. The outfits were too tight, short, form fitting or included a tank top. Everything was low cut, etc...personally, we have never stayed anywhere where this has ever been a problem until now. I was not alone during my stay, I also had my spouse & 2 small children. Her attire or lack thereof was a topic of conversation among several family members who witnessed it first hand. I am not sure if we will be back. Her attire gave a cheap look & feel to an otherwise average hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank caliman5

Travellers are raving about these Batavia hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Stayed in a whirlpool suite, it was very roomy & so comfortable! Everything was super clean, hotel was quiet, staff from the moment we arrived to the moment we left were very friendly & knowledgable of local events, breakfast was plentiful and the pool room is simply spectactular! Rate was well below other area hotels! From the front desk to the housekeeping department, the employees seem to make any guest feel at home. I will only stay at this location when I am in the area! Outstanding Hotel!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank labontefan68
Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 July 2008

The staff is so friendly and it is by far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. Would stay at again and recommend to others.

• Liked — Clean & Price
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TheHAHN
ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Cleanist hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff is very friendly they go out of their way to help you.

• Liked — The room accomodations
  • Disliked — Vending machines not always stocked
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Quagmeyer
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I reserved 35 rooms for two (2) nights at this property in May of 2007 for arrival in May 2008. This was the fourth year we have used this property. When we arrived on Friday night at 7:00pm with 70+ people in our group, the hotel raised our rate by $35.00 per room per night without notice or explaination. As the otherr area hotels were sold out, we had no choice but to take the price increase. Numerous calls to the hotel manager were never returned. when i finally reached her the day after we checked out, her response to the rate increase was simply that she did it(raised our rate) because she coud as it was a busy weekend and that was all.
Consequently, I would not recomond this hotel in any way. Very disappointed that they chose to deal with a guest in this way.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
theameristay, Manager at Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia, responded to this review, 24 June 2008
Your team paid a fair rate that was set last year after tournaments ended and was still $40 under most area hotel rates as I had explained to you previously. We appreciate all our guests whether it be a single guest staying one night or a large group staying a week. We are very fair with our rates & strive to offer service to match. I understand you have stayed with us the past couple years & liked the lower rate, we all do as a customer, our hotel uses Supply & Demand as all businesses do. I am glad we were able to accomodate your group this year at a lower rate comparatively.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
1861 Inn
#1 of 2 in Batavia
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate

Been to Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!