“Great!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Batavia
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here while visiting friends a few miles away. They do allow responsible pet owners to bring their well-behaved pets (with a one time pet fee) and have a large field next door in which to walk them (be sure to clean up!!)

The hotel was very clean and quiet. It showed its age in spots and the TV was a bit fuzzy on certain channels, but that didn't detract from the experience. We did not have a chance to try the pool or hot tub in their lovely room off to one side, but will be sure to bring bathing suits next time. Since it's just off the main drag, there are plenty of stores and restaurants within easy walking/driving distances and yet the hotel is still well enough removed to allow for a good night's sleep. There was a simple continental breakfast with a small but satisfying array of the basics. Check in and check out were both fast, easy, and smoothly handled, despite our arriving quite late (2 AM) our first night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Peebles, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I have stayed here a few times before, mostly because of the pricing, indoor pool, and location. Have not had a problem until this last weekend. Very UNaccomodating. Front desk guy was a grump who didn't offer to tell us anything about our stay, such as when the breakfast started/ended, hours of the pool, checkout time, nothing. No fans, (they are stored in the attic until summer, the front desk guy said), no matches, the beds were very uncomfortable, and did not fit the frame, (the sides of the mattress hung off of the frame, making it impossible for two people to sleep in one bed), and we were accused of staining two sheets and a blanket with dye. I asked to take them home since I m going to be paying for them anyways, and with it being Sunday, no manager was there to talk to. She went back to the room, and brought out one sheet to give me and said, well, i guess the stain is only on one sheet, AFTER saying we had ruined two sheets, and the blanket!! There was no stain on the sheet- it was a dab of frosting from my 4 year old's b-day cake we had for him to celebrate his birthday. We told her this, and she was not interested, charging us for the stupid sheet. VERY upsetting. My family and I, (including my in-laws who also got a room that night) will NEVER stay here again after being treated this way.
I worked front desk at a hotel for years. I know when a customer pays cash you go and check the room before giving them their depsoit back. I pride myself in cleaning up after myself. I have helped housekeeping thousands of times to clean rooms and etc. When i stay at a hotel, i clean up after myself. I put all the dirty towels together, wipe down our counters, etc, pile the sheets/blankets on the bed, and pick up all the trash in our room to make it easier for housekeeping. i feel like i was treated VERY unfairly when made to pay for a sheet that could have easily cleaned in a regular cycle in the washer.
very unprofessional- do not stay here

Room Tip: go 7 more miles to eastgate and get a hotel there.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Suzie K
Batavia, Ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Last February 20 my husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We got the king suite with the whirlpool. This hotel was the only one that we could find anywhere that had an in room whirlpool (not in the bathroom but four feet from the bed) and allowed smoking in certain rooms (husband is a smoker). The room was huge and very clean.

They laid out fancy towels and robes for us on the side of the tub. The room also had a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. They also serve breakfast but we didnt go down for that.

It was quiet and the staff was very friendly. At only $100 a night (on a weeknight) this place is a steal!

I will say, if I HAVE to be negative at all, that the bed only had a sheet and blanket; no bedspread and the pool/spa was out of order...but it was our wedding night; we had no plans to go swim with other people anyway and the whirlpool in our room was very big (prob could sit 4-6 people). We may try the pool this time. MAYBE. ;)

We enjoyed our stay here so much that we booked a room for two nights again this month for our first anniversary. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BunnyWilson
Cincinnati
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed overnight in the middle of winter. Expecting to have a decent room and a clean pool. Turns out the room was less than average. It seemed fine at first, then you notice the smell, and how thin the walls are, then the dirt in the corners. There was a can of beer in our room behind a chair that expired a year before we had stayed (Not one that we had brought in either). The beds were so-so as far as comfort, but one of our two beds was detached from the wall so the boards were just laying under the mattress. After staying the night we decided to take a swim in the morning. The pool area is nice, by far the nicest part of the hotel. After getting in however it, we noticed large balls of hair floating in the pool. Around a dozen of them. After that we decided it was time to pack and leave. I would highly recommend driving a few miles down the road to find something a bit cleaner for the same price or better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura_3148
Livonia, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2012

While not a high end (or even low end) place, it fit the bill nicely. I had to change my night from a weeknight to the weekend and had no problems. No extra charges. There was a BK and McDonalds within walking distance. The breakfast was very small, but okay. There were no bugs in my room. :)

If you are in the area, this wouldn't be a bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James P
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2012

first night in room found 2 BUGS, one fell out of bar of soap when i unwrapped it and the second was in the bathtub, second night after baseball games found 3rd BUG in my bed. i took all BUGS down to front desk in a cup and each time the front desk said they would write a report, but not one time did they apologize, ask to move me to another room, give me a discount or anything. front desk was very rude and un-professional in dealing with customers....NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bring a can of Raid to kill bugs.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Nick D
margaritaville
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel needs to have some kind of comment card system or something. Gentleman at check in was less than pleasant not enjoying his job at all. i complained at time of leaving and was assured that my concerns about him would be given to members of the management. maybe he needs re-training on his customer service skills! My room was clean, average run of the mill hotel other than pool area. Very beautiful area. The maids were all very kind and friendly so was the girl at checkout time...that man is very snide and made me feel stupid. hope Management retrains him or it will probably lose business!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joann m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
#17 of 50 in Cincinnati
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate

Been to Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!