“I had lots of problems there and nobody was willing to help me.”

Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Batavia
A TripAdvisor Member
Booneville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 June 2006

On Oct 13, 2005 I was a guest at the Amerihost Inn in Batavia Ohio. I arrived there on Thursday night and stayed through Saturday. When I got up on Saturday morning I took my grandson down for breakfast. Later I realized my purse was gone from my room. My purse was later found downstairs in a bathroom empty. I lost over $800 and some meds. The manager was very rude to me and the camera at the hotel was conviently not working. The police dept there said there had been other incidents of this nature. I am spreading the word about this hotel at every web site and other places I can. The hotel made NO attempt to try resolve the matter. I dont want anyone else to have this problem. Dont stay there.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
brettnrachel, Manager at Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2007

I am sorry when your purse was found that items were missing. I know how frustrating it can be. I left my purse by a payphone once & would have loved to have found it in the trash cash or not. I had to replace birth certificates, marriage cert, socials for me & my children, drivers license & more it was horrible. We have undated to a digital security that is always on, unlike a tape that runs out in 6-8 hours & may over look putting a new one in. It is a horrible thing to go thru. I am glad you didnt have to replace ID's etc. Our employees have returned larger sums found in rooms, accidentally thrown away... It was a busy weekend & somebody took advantage of your situation-I do believe what goes around comes around. I do hope you will in time see there was not much we could do, but we do what we could & found your purse. Take Care.

Reviewed 6 July 2005

This hotel is still fairly new and is very clean. I stayed in one of the whirlpool suites and loved it! The room was very spacious and the whirlpool was big enough to fit two people comfortably. The indoor pool and hot tub were great and the continental breakfast was plentiful. Overall, the hotel and service was great!

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Jim R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate
Countryside Inn & Suites
Countryside Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Mount Orab

Been to Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!