“Always a nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Indiana
“Always a nice stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times over many years and never an issue here. Full disclosure, I am not a high maintenance traveler, but I have had unpleasant stays at other hotels in other cities. But this one has never been unpleasant. My last stay in June 2014 was great. I stayed 3 nights and the rooms were clean and the staff very helpful. As far as hotel fitness centers goes, this property's was better than average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dublin, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have used this hotel for 2 one-week long stays. We enjoy the bedroom with TV and sink while our soon sleeps on the pull out sofa and has his own TV for the week. It's very convenient and offers privacy. The hotel's 2013 remodel is beautiful! Rooms are clean and comfy. The microwave and mini fridge made small meals and snacks easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was only there two nights, one day and had many issues. First, I reserved a king, but had to settle for a double queen because they didn't have the room I reserved. Second, when I returned to my room after being gone all day to a training class, my room door was left open by the cleaning staff so anyone could have taken my belongings. When I tried to to talk to a manager on duty all I got was transferred to a voicemail and didn't receive a return call. The fitness center had no A/C so working out was useless. Finally when I asked about getting a comment card they staff told me I would receive a survey electronically. Still haven't received it. I am not that picky about accommodations, but this place is definitely not worth the price or the headache in my opinion. The worst part was lack of customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Javin H
Steve M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay for another week at the Embassy suites Beachwood. Another business trip. I did chose the hotel because I liked it when I was staying here 2 years ago.
This time it was even better. I could see that lots of parts of the hotel were rebuilt. The hall, breakfast area, retaurant, guest laundry, etc.
They even rebuilt the bathrooms in the suites. The bathroom appears now a lot more modern with the walk-in-shower. Its so spacious, I liked it a lot.

And the best is that everything else is still perfect. You will enjoy the suite with modern furniture, 2 huge LCD TVs, a workdesk in your room, a kitchen corner and a very comfortable bed.
My colleagues and me enjoyed the complimentary drinks and snacks between 5:30 and 7:30 aswell as the cooked-to-order breakfast every morning. Of course I should also mention the shuttle service that took us to the dinner places ans picked us up.
I think that Monica has worked very hard to create a team with the best staff. She can be proud about the result.
Best regards from Europe and thanks for a great week!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FBert
Metairie, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I really enjoyed my week stay at the Embassy Suites. The location was great as it was near the interstate system but also had plenty of eating options. It was also close enough to the NFL Hall of Fame and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The complimentary breakfast and reception hour were an excellent added bonus. The staff was extremely pleasant and happy to resolve any issues you had. My only complaint (and i minor one at that) was there was only wireless internet in the suites which I had a bit of connectivity issues with. I would definitely have preferred a hard wire. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it for those taking business trips or family outings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

New Por Richeyy, Florida, USA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights to attend a wedding at the nearby Mayfield Country Club. The lobby area is beautiful and functional with lots of chairs and couches to gather in small groups. The bank of computers and printers in a recessed area of the lobby are very useful---free wi-fi/internet throughout the facility. The front desk staff (manned 24 hours a day) is first rate---with special kudos to Molly and David. The breakfasts are huge and delicious---with a dedicated person who makes delicious omelets and pancakes; on the breakfast buffet, there is a choice of yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, muffins, danish, as well as scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, hashbrowns, and once again, the staff at this facility is so 'right there' with smiles and assistance all the time! The indoor pool and hottub are nice. The gym is ample, BUT seems to have no air conditioning---just a big fan----too hot in there to work out---pool room was 10 degrees cooler than the gym room!**!! The rooms are on 4 floors with glass fronted elevators to whisk you up. The king-sized bed I had was very comfortable. The maid service was excellent. There is a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5-6 miles radius, which is very convenient for nearby mall and other attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bee021
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A good value -- especially considering the awesome breakfast and afternoon happy hour drinks and nibbles. A perfect location for touring Shaker Heights (don't miss the Shaker lakes) and the University Circle area, especially the Art Museum. Clean, comfortable. Every staff member gives you a big hello. Although the windows don't seem to open, the heating and cooling system is the most quiet and efficient I have ever encountered. A large, easy to use multi-computer facility is near the lobby. Cleveland's legendary deli Corky's and Lenny's is just across the highway. Colorful Chagrin Falls is an easy 20-minute drive. If you go downtown, don't forget to cross the river to W. 25th St. where Mitchell's has memorable ice cream.

Room Tip: Get a room near the front of the hotel, not the rear where the noise and aromas of the breakfast cou...