“More than expected”

Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Housekeeping staff was very friendly. No business office so asked for assistance from desk staff to print boarding pass but was told no so I had to locate a library to print my boarding pass. Customer service was lacking at the hotel.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night with my family as every other hotel in the area was booked. Rooms were fairly clean although there was a bit of a smoke smell in the hallways/room. Washroom was clean and good. The pool area including the pool was pretty dirty and the pool probably wasn't vacuumed for days. Only about 20 minutes to Cleveland from there. Good for a one night stay.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Connor M
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I visited with my father in a nearby suburb and this is very convenient for us. Room was very adequate, and the price was reasonable. We made an online reservation thru motel.com and ended paying $5.00 more than reserving directly thru the hotel as the hotel would have given me the AAA discount. We stayed for two nights and were there for the blackout, caused by a severe thunder storm which destroyed a transformer about a half mile away. Novel experience, rather romantic. Wonderfully the electronic room key worked even though the power was out for several blocks near the hotel. The breakfast was very adequate, but it would be nice if it stayed open another hour, until 10:00. The staff was very, very friendly and so helpful, especially the young, Indian, I think, desk clerk. She helped us with information about the local bicycle trails. We will certainly stay here again. There are lots of restaurants nearby and great shopping opportunities two blocks away.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast early
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were traveling and needed a place to stay overnight. Bathroom linoleum needs replaced and so does the carpet in the guestroom. The plus side was it was close to the interstate and reasonable price. Lots of good restaurants close by.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnie B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is perhaps the most poorly run hotel I have ever encountered. Basic cleanliness is lacking, and many stains were found on the carpets and furniture. The electrical system does not work properly, and we experienced four blackouts during a two-day stay. Worst of all, the hotel managers were frequently seen to act in a rude way to hotel guests. I am shocked that a major company like Super 8 would employ such immature people to run a hotel near a major city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShopGirlCalifornia
mili p, Owner at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

In response to your comment.... The electrical problem that you uncounted was in fact a weather related issue which as I'm sure you know is not the hotels fault. We can not control the weather therefore we ALL had no power. I was actually on duty for the entire weekend and I know for a fact I was not rude to anyone. i take pride in our customer service and I lead by example.
As for the staff... well super 8 franchise does not employ the staff. All Super 8 hotels are individually owned and operated. I am also an owner of the property. Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience but we know we can not please everyone. And just for the record there are worst hotels you just haven't discovered them yet in cleveland.
I hope you well and again am sorry YOU had a unpleasant stay here at the Super 8 Beachwood.