“very poor housekeeping”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Beachwood, United States
“very poor housekeeping”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We left on Sat. morning and returned about 3:30 in the afternoon to find the room was not made up. We were there for a wedding and had to get dressed. While we were getting ready, the maid knocked for cleaning. Told her to come back in 90 min. She knocked several times while we were trying to get ready. On a good note, we had trouble with the safe. A call to the main desk sent a manager up who fixed the problem immediately. Also, the people at the restaurant were extremely helpful in the mornings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies that our cleaning timing did not coincide with your timing. We will certainly speak to the housekeeper assigned to the room as to why her follow up was not as requested either. I am glad that the rest of the team were able to meet your expectations and I hiope that the wedding was great.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Vernon, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would rate this hotel as 4 stars. The accomadations were clean and well maintained. The staff was freindly and helpful. The food was superb. I had the best French Onion Soup I have had in many years I would stay at this hotel again without any second thoughts. I highly recomeend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the great review! Our entire team will be excited to read your comments. I am glad that you liked the french onion soup, we follow a very traditional recipe and not many places still do! I hope that you will join us again soon!
leawood Kansas, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

good hotel . Restaurant should offer more variety . the food is lacking i.e. pasta , mash potatos, basics for people with delicate or aging stomachs. No easily available taxi cabs,. Easy checking in and out . Very slow room service

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences from your recent stay at the DoubleTree Cleveland East. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that you come back again soon. You will be excited to know that we have just signed an agreement with a celebrity chef - Chef Chris Hodgson, to develop a new concept that will be opening in our hotel after the first of the year. I hope that you will enjoy the new options!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel location was great, the staff was friendly, and the restaurant was very good. The lobby is beautiful and when you walk in, you feel like your walking into a luxury hotel. Only small negatives I had was the rooms felt a little old and the bathroom was very small. Also, the door in the bathroom looked like it had been water damaged at some point was re-painted, but not repaired. Other than that, the in-room amenities were very good. Would certainly return on a future business trip.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest:

We are all very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with our hotel. We apprecaite you pointing out some aeras that we are needing to focus on, and I will tell you that tsome of these areas are slated for attention in the next few months. If you liked the lobby as it is, you will really enjoy the upcoming renovation...it will be spectacular. I hope that you will come again soon!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Nov. 1st and 2nd. We were in town for an event in Pepper Pike and found this hotel on Priceline for a great price. Our check-in was perfect and the desk clerk was friendly and accommodating, even asking us if we had a floor preference which was very nice of her. Our room was located on the 6th floor, in a very quiet part of the hotel which is exactly what we had asked for. The room was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. the beds were extremely cozy and comfortable. The TV was a newer flat screen model and the lighting was perfect. We could not have been happier! We decided to have dinner on our first night at Porter's because it was late and we were too tired to venture out. What a delightful experience! Our waiter and the host were absolutely wonderful and made our dinner special. The food was delicious (I had filet and my daughter had scallops) YUM! We chose to eat the breakfast buffet in the morning and it offered a wide variety of options and everything was again delicious. We will stay here again! This hotel was wonderful in EVERY possible way.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor ~ very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you enoyed your visit to our hotel and your dining experience in Porter's. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will choose DoubleTree the next time you are in the area.
BUFFALO, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Many ABA members attended Bridge tournament given by Cleveland Congrss Bridge Club- Check in was very very poor with 2 male employees conversed idly with each other(about 11pm) instead of checking us in. At checkout Sun am,there was no bill presented. On our arrival Fri about 1pm staff was very helpful -rooms were not ready even though early checkin was requested.. Restaurant staff excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that your overall stay was positive and I am truly sorry that we did not provide our normal warm welcome upon your arrival. We will be sure to address this with our team members so that we can improve this for our future guests. I hope that you will give us a try on your next visit to the area.
cleveland, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

my hotel room, was okay at best; with paper thin walls and a pet friendly enviroment you heard every sound coming from the neighbors room. By chance if the room next to yours was occupied by a pet owner you will not get much sleep. The bar and resteraunt was the best thing about the doubletree in Cleveland

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your time to let us know of your experience at our hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed the hotel's restaurant and lounge. I am sorry that you found other guests disruptive. If you return again to the area, I would encourage you to let us know if you find anything wrong with your stay and we would be happy to do everything in our power to make it right. I hope that you will consider us again in the future.