“Overall a Good Experience”

DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Overall a Good Experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Staff was mostly friendly/courteous. Checked in very late one night and it took them a while to get us checked in but they were very nice/apologetic about it. Breakfast servers were super friendly, nice way to start the day. There seemed to be a bit of trouble keeping the food out on the buffet warm though. Had cold sausage twice out of three trips down.

The rooms were in good not great condition. I would say they were at or slightly below most DoubleTrees I've stayed at. The way the rooms are laid out can be confusing if you've never stayed there before but once you find an entrance that is close to your room it makes parking/getting to your car a breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 23 November 2015
Dear Ervin C,

I am the new General manager here at the Doubletree in Beachwood, Ohio. I would like to take this moment to thank you for your very nice review of our hotel, as well as apologize for not responding to your review. Please know that the DoubleTree in Beachwood, Ohio continues to improve our guest amenities and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Yours in Service,

John D'Adamo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Keller, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel was ok. It was obvious it had been rennovated from a previous hotel chain. Did not seem quite up to par for a Double Tree Hilton Affliate. Free breakfast offered to all guests, but there was a wait each morning to sit down to eat. That is just rediculous. Business travelers are trying to get in for a quick breakfast and out quickly. The room seemed a bit old school as well. Poor lighting and ventillation. This hotel could benefit from some updates. There are other nice hotels to choose in the area, some work is needed to stay competitive.

Dear Helene H,

Thank you for your review from November 2013 of the DoubleTree in Beachwood, Ohio. I am the new General Manager on property and wanted to respond to your review and let you know that renovations continued to improve lighting in the guest rooms. The Heat and AC in the Rooms are being extensively updated monthly with new apparatus to perform consistently. As far as Breakfast goes, we have recently curtailed complimentary Breakfast for everyone. Only qualified Hilton HHonors members and negotiated corporate accounts are eligible for Complimentary Breakfast. This is an amenity reserved for those who have earned it.

My staff is poised to welcome you back and prepared to give you the DoubleTree experience you have become used to experiencing at other DoubleTree hotels.

Yours in Service,

PLYMOUTH, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable! I was only there for one night on a business trip. I didn't use any of the ammenities or eat at the hotel, but the staff and cleanliness were excellent.

Dear Elise S,

I apologize for you never receiving a response to your review of the DoubleTree in Beachwood , Ohio a few years back. I am the new General Manager and wanted to thank you for the Five Star review you submitted. I was happy to read about how our staff, "especially our Housekeepers" attended to your needs and gave you a wonderful experience. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Beachwood, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We left on Sat. morning and returned about 3:30 in the afternoon to find the room was not made up. We were there for a wedding and had to get dressed. While we were getting ready, the maid knocked for cleaning. Told her to come back in 90 min. She knocked several times while we were trying to get ready. On a good note, we had trouble with the safe. A call to the main desk sent a manager up who fixed the problem immediately. Also, the people at the restaurant were extremely helpful in the mornings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies that our cleaning timing did not coincide with your timing. We will certainly speak to the housekeeper assigned to the room as to why her follow up was not as requested either. I am glad that the rest of the team were able to meet your expectations and I hiope that the wedding was great.
Vernon, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would rate this hotel as 4 stars. The accomadations were clean and well maintained. The staff was freindly and helpful. The food was superb. I had the best French Onion Soup I have had in many years I would stay at this hotel again without any second thoughts. I highly recomeend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the great review! Our entire team will be excited to read your comments. I am glad that you liked the french onion soup, we follow a very traditional recipe and not many places still do! I hope that you will join us again soon!
leawood Kansas, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

good hotel . Restaurant should offer more variety . the food is lacking i.e. pasta , mash potatos, basics for people with delicate or aging stomachs. No easily available taxi cabs,. Easy checking in and out . Very slow room service

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences from your recent stay at the DoubleTree Cleveland East. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that you come back again soon. You will be excited to know that we have just signed an agreement with a celebrity chef - Chef Chris Hodgson, to develop a new concept that will be opening in our hotel after the first of the year. I hope that you will enjoy the new options!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel location was great, the staff was friendly, and the restaurant was very good. The lobby is beautiful and when you walk in, you feel like your walking into a luxury hotel. Only small negatives I had was the rooms felt a little old and the bathroom was very small. Also, the door in the bathroom looked like it had been water damaged at some point was re-painted, but not repaired. Other than that, the in-room amenities were very good. Would certainly return on a future business trip.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest:

We are all very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with our hotel. We apprecaite you pointing out some aeras that we are needing to focus on, and I will tell you that tsome of these areas are slated for attention in the next few months. If you liked the lobby as it is, you will really enjoy the upcoming renovation...it will be spectacular. I hope that you will come again soon!