DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
US$139
Hampton.com
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood(Beachwood)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$150
Aloft.com
US$136
US$125
All reviewsdouble treecookiesrestaurant staffbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfamily reunionbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycleveland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were gifted a night at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was the perfect (cool) temperature upon arriving. We enjoyed dinner at Porter's where our service was wonderful from both our waiter and the busboy! The room toilet was quite loud - we had to remind ourselves not to flush when we got up in the middle of the night. Additionally as others have mentioned in their reviews, the showers drain slowly. However, the water pressure in the shower was better than many other hotels I've visited. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the restaurant, the omelet was amazing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reyorra
George I, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Reyorra, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at our hotel. It's so nice to hear from our guests when everything goes great. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are very appreciative of you taking the time. Thanks again and we look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel had the most amazing staff. Everyone I encountered was cheerful and helpful. I had lost my phone charger and they loaned me one for the duration of my trip. I had also forgot my umbrella and during a terrential down pour also provide me with a loaner. Above and beyond!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
George I, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear 376teresac., thank you so much for sharing your glowing comments regarding the service you received during your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time and rest assured your comments have been shared with our entire staff. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here for two weeks for work back in February and two weeks in April for work again. Our company also has a rate at the Embassy Suites down the road, will go back there in the future.

First off the positive, the breakfast is great. The staff is nice and the meals come out quick, great selection. For dinner and lunch the food is good, not great, but predictable. Service, once again, is great!
The hotel gym is ok, the video cardio is nice, as are the weights. On my April 14 stay a bunch of teenage girls from a soccer (Lacrosse?) invaded the gym and trashed it. Mentioned it to the front desk, they just said "sorry". I am sure the hotels insurance liability carrier wouldn't say "sorry" if they saw that...

The rooms were ok, decent TV selection and I had a fridge. Bed was comfortable not new but comfortable enough. On my April stay the week of April 21st some drunk people were smoking in the hallway and my room smelled like smoke. Mentioned it to the front desk three times and nothing was done. The next morning there were cigarette ashes on the carpet to prove it.
What happened next was completely unacceptable. The shower would not drain, mentioned it twice to the hotel front desk. Nothing done that week. I came back one day from work and my shower glass was hanging, yes hanging, without the bottom track in it. No idea how it happened, but it was about to fall, I can only imagine what would happen if it did. Called the front desk, no response. No one came within the next hour. Went down again, they said they would fix it. I went to have dinner in the restaurant, they told me I could switch rooms but they could not fix the door. So they just took it off, they said no shower doors could be swapped in. It worked, but wow, what a way to solve a problem. Oh and the clogged drain, a guy came when I was about to go to bed, many hours later...

I am noting the issues to our coprorate travel managers, really unacceptable and unsafe...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ordtravelr, thanks so much for letting us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our breakfast and staff is so nice to hear and we really appreciate you recognizing our service. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with your shower door, it should of been fixed immediately but I understand that we weren't able to. Please accept my sincere apologies and so look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Horrible staff, rude, not competent. Mediocre hotel, with dated rooms, the door lock wouldn't work properly, so every time I left, I had to hold in the deadbolt and then slam the door shut. I would have called to get it repaired but was only there for one night and decided based on check in experience and I didn't want to deal with anyone else from the hotel Much better options close by. Even the rate was not great, I've stayed at the Marriott a mile away and its 2 stars better.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
George I, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Robert L, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at breakfast, we had a very large group in house and no additonal space to accommodate them. Again, thank you for the feedback and we do look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This particular Doubletree is not worth the $150 that I was charged. If you get a rate in the $100 - $120 range that would be OK, otherwise opt out for the Embassy Suites right down the road. During my stay they had a large group staying at the hotel and they did not do a good job of minimizing the impact on the other guests like myself. It was impossible to eat breakfast in their restaurant as they allowed the large group (100-200 people) to eat in the restaurant as opposed to setting them up in a separate room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert L, again we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please do give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks