Both we parents and our mid-teen sons are very glad when we have separate spaces and Residence Inns are top of our hotel lists because they offer 2-bedroom suites. The Residence Inn in Beachwood, OH is a fairly large place but has a very nice pool and fire-pit area. (See photos.)
We chose this specific location as convenient toTwinsburg, OH, Downtown, and an Interstate. We arrived around Midnight after a Friday night Buffalo Bisons game and were pleased to see that reception has to release the door to grant access.
The rooms are the typical Residence Inn layout we're familiar with with entry into the kitchen/dining/living area and bedrooms on either side. We took the larger room with the desk, both rooms have their own bathrooms and King size beds. Our sons were grateful for the size of the beds. (Earlier this year we all crow-barred our selves into a room with 2 Double beds, it worked but it's more stressful being constantly within elbowing distance of each other.)
So, what's to like:
- The pool - it's heated, it a decent size, the towels aren't terrible
- Hot tub - it's a hot tub and it's nearby the pool. Always nice to soak in before leaving the pool area
- Fire pit - didn't use it but it looks like a nice place to gather, it's close enough to the pool if your kids are good swimmers and are old enough that you don't need to be on the pool deck.
- Space - as mentioned, with two mid-teen sons. They and we appreciate the privacy, we can get up before them and not disturb them. They have their own TV, one in the living room and we have one in our room too.
- TV signal is digital (yes, some places still provide analog)
- Parking is free, the hotel was full but we didn't have to patrol the lot for a spot.
- Towels. Good, not luxurious but not the thin and scratchy burlap that some places use for towels.
- Beds. Good and firm but not hard, and not caved-in. Two good night's of sleep with lots of pillows.
- Free WiFi
- Lots of bedside outlets. And, they worked, not excessively worn.
On the not so good side:
- Business Center - this is a open an unmonitored couple of PCs with a printer. There's a sign saying that children must be accompanied however this is not enforced. I saw the same kids (from the same family based on their interaction) dominating both PCs for at least an hour and a half. No parent was evident.
- Breakfast - Overall it's good. With some fresh fruit, yogurt and milk, hot and cold cereals, make your own waffles, baked goods with a industrial belt-type toaster. However, the Sunday morning breakfast offered neither Bacon or Sausage. They were replaced by Biscuits and Gravy. The other two hot entrees were scrambled eggs and potatoes.
- Elevators. Too few, really slow
- Stairs are inconvenient. We were on the 2nd floor and would have had to go way out of our way to use stairs to get up and down.
For those who need their Starbucks, there's one nearby. That's about it, there are other things amenities but I found them unremarkable.
Enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Beachwood area of Cleveland, this Residence Inn by Marriott hotel is centrally located to everything Cleveland has to offer. Minutes away from major Cleveland corporations including Philips Medical Systems, Progressive Insurance, Rockwell Automation, Nestle, Cleveland Clinic, and walking distance to the new University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center. Experience the best dining and shopping Cleveland has to offer at Legacy Village, Eton Collection and Beachwood Place. This Residence Inn Hotel has easy access to local attractions such as University Circle, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Progressive Field and Downtown. Enjoy spacious suites when visiting the adjacent communities of Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Solon and Chagrin Falls. Thrive at the Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Hotel with FREE internet, FREE hot buffet style breakfast, and FREE social hours on select nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
- Cleveland Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Ohio