Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
Hampton.com
US$167
US$162
EmbassySuites.com
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood(Beachwood)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$138
Aloft Beachwood(Beachwood)
US$150
Aloft.com
All reviewsroom was cleangrab and gocleveland beachwoodironingtubsurgery
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had to spend a week near to Chagrin Falls helping my parents. Our dog doesn't deal well with kennels so we wanted to take him with us. A search for dog friendly motels brought up five or six nearby but all but Extended Stay limited the weight to twenty or thirty pounds. The $25/night fee is high but we had little choice. The unit was very clean, including the kitchenette, and very quiet. We heard another dog barking just once. In the morning there are some snacks available free in the lobby including breakfast bars and fresh fruit plus acceptable coffee. The rooms are not serviced daily so there is really no "staff" but the lady at the front desk was quite pleasant and efficient. Immediately adjacent are a Japanese steak house and some polynesia-themed place and at the end of the block is a Whole Foods Store. We'd certainly go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Bill T,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed being able to bring your dog with you to visit your family. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab-n-go breakfast in the morning along with our close proximity to restaurants and shopping. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This place is one of the most shadiest places I have ever stayed and unfortunately twice. When i first reserved this place, I told my company's name and asked them if they had corporate discount, they said the normal price is 89.99$ and they will give me a discount of $10.00 to $79.99. I reserved the place only to know that they offered at 79.99$ for everyone online. That was very shady. The first stay was not a bad experience.

The second time I had reserved the same hotel for two days. I booked the same hotel since I wanted a small kitchen where I can cook and I did not find another place of same rate. This time i reserved this place online for two days. However, my trip got shortened and I needed only one day. When I called them to cancel one day, they said if I cancel just one day the price of the other day will go up by 10$. That is the first time I hear something that crazy. I canceled both the days and rebooked for one day for a NON-SMOKING ROOM online for the same price. When I reached that place, I figured out that I was given a smoking room. My wife had asthma problems and we could not stay there. The hotel receptionist was extremely arrogant and never bothered to help us. VERY VERY UNETHICAL. Thankfully the Homestead hotels is managed by same management and they were willing to take us in for the same price.

I will never ever go back to this place and I highly recommend everyone to stay off this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Janakiraman B
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Janakiraman B,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you think the hotel is shady. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being trained on what is acceptable and what are not acceptable practices. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback, even though it is negative, I do appreciate it. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cbh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

After seeing all of the reviews that were either 1s or 5s, I figured I would weigh in. My experience is generally based on staying at Residence Inns/Fairfield Suites -- which can easily be twice the price. Probably more expensive because they have a breakfast and dinner buffet (which I never/rarely took part in as I try to make my own, healthy food), and because they clean it every night (not necessary in my mind).

Extended Stay America seemed to go after just offering a kitchenette and a decent room for a very good price. They met that goal in my eyes. Nothing spectacular, nothing tragic.

Lobby gal was checking in/chatting with a nice young man. She didn't really acknowledge my presence. I can imagine it must be challenging for the management team. How do you teach manners and hospitality and common courtesy to some folks who may have never experienced it themselves? The young man mentioned she should check me in first, so she did (I made reservation thru hotels.com) -- and I thanked him. Once she turned to me, she was polite and efficient. Small tweaks to her training, she could be vastly improved. It doesn't take much to make for a good impression by simply saying "Hi, I'll be right with you after I check this gentleman in."

I was there only briefly (Mon & Tue night) to check it out due to wide ranging positive and negative comments on TripAdvisor. The lobby showed some construction worker boot footprints (maybe add a bristle brush outside to help), but it was a rainy evening. The hall rug was clean. The room was very clean and nice. Bed and towels were fine.

Regarding the kitchen. When I come next time, I now know I need to bring: real glasses (not plastic) for beer/wine; real knives so I can prepare meals; a coffee mug that doesn't seem so industrial. You get the picture. It seems that they stocked the room for folks who don't really use the kitchen to prepare meals from scratch. So if you just heat stuff up, or barely want to cook anything, then it might not matter to you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JonKernPA
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear JonKernPA,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that my front desk staff did not acknowledge you properly. I want to ensure you that I have met with my team about proper behavior at the front desk. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cbh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The management staff and crew have been very accommadating since ive been here. They have made me feel if i was at home. The overall stay has been a great experincBeachwood e. The service has been great, fresh towles as needed, clealiness a 10 and the staff has been great. The location is great. It offers conveinet shopping while here. While on bussiness in Cleveland area I will continue to chose the Beachwood location. Could not ask for a better stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank joshmac06
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Joshmac06,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that we could make you feel like you were at home. Our goal is to make every guest feel like they are at home with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 8 October 2012

First, the personnel was very good at what they do. Whitney, at the front desk, was very personable, professional and very helpful as were the other employees.
Second, the facility condition could use some attention, i.e. stains on the carpet in the last room I occupied and the zoneline heater in the first room didn't work well either heating or cooling.
Third, parking was adequate and the facility is located in a pleasant location.
Fourth, the only real drawback was the cigarette smoke and smoking smell, especially on the third floor although I always get no smoking rooms.

The employees made my stay very nice and this is the second time in a year I have chosen to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob R

Dear Bob R.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the heater did not work well for you and that there were stains on the carpet. To prevent this from happening again, I have brought your concerns up to the staff and will ensure that these types of items are addressed prior to any future stays being affected. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback whether it is good or unsatisfactory. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cbh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.