“Comfortable and great deal!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable and great deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

First time staying in Cleveland area and if I ever need to come back to Cleveland I will be enjoying another stay at this hotel! First off we got an amazing deal on priceline.com so for a two star hotel I was kind of skeptic of what to expect. We stayed two weekend nights and for the price couldn't have asked for more! Comfortable/clean bed,clean full kitchen, friendly/accommodating staff, great channels, free parking, and last but not least PET FRIENDLY( $25 a night) can't beat that! Please disregard any bad reviews on this place and check it out! Great location by Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, and Wasabi Fusion. Also walking distance from Whole Foods and small shopping outlet. Only suggestion would be to have a bench/mini patio in one of the grassy areas close to the hotel. It would be nice to make sandwiches in the kitchen to eat outside with my famiy/dog on nice days. All in all great stay!!! Thank you Extended Stay America Cleveland!

Room Tip: Second Floor or Third Floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your positive response to our clean rooms and friendly staff are very much appreciated. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotels location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Got off to a bad foot when the national hotel site we booked this at gave us the wrong address. Finally found it and walked in to a stained carpet but that can happen anywhere so I wasn't concerned. Got to our room and, in the hall at the front door, was a box full of half empty bottles of condiments like barbeque sauce, mustard, hot sauce, etc. Walked in the room and it was unbelievable. Coffee stains all over the counter and a layer of white dust over everything along with tons of black animal hair--handfuls in some places. It was on the telephone, on the counter (with the coffee stains), and all over the white sheets. I figure that the white dust may have been pet dander. Opened the refrigerator and didn't need Sherlock Holmes to figure out where the condiment bottles had come from as everything from ketchup to mustard was all over the shelves. All we can figure is that the room had just barely been cleaned after the last person. Either that or someone checked in with their animal and then didn't accept the room. It was late so we were forced to stay. Never saw anything like this hotel and even though it was a good rate, I will never stay in an Extended Stay again. Unbelievable.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the level of cleanliness in our lobby and your room was not in line with our company's standards or your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CBH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I come to Cleveland often. I always stay here, Extended Stay, 3820 Orange Place, Beachwood. The staff is always so pleasant and helpful. It is always very clean and it's a home away from home with a complete kitchen and all the dishes and pots and pans you need. Just bring your clothes and you are all set, a nice little apartment when you are here. You can bring your pets and they have smoking rooms. Why would you stay anywhere else. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Cindy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed how helpful and pleasant the staff was to you during your visit. As well, I am glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen that is included.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was at the Extended Stay in Beachwood , was there for 9 days, would stay longer next time! Comfortable bed, great pillows, full kitchen. Management was courteous, friendly and very accomodating. I travel alone and felt very safe.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and found our staff to be friendly as well as accommodating. We are also glad to read that you felt safe while visiting our hotel.

Englewood
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My experience at this hotel was HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband went to use the commode & asked me if I had been in the bathroom -- I said no, and he said come take a look at this. He had lifted both lids & found someone else's poop splash on it! YUCK! I used the ONLY washcloth in our room to clean it off. I was standing by the bathroom sink and realized I was standing in someone else's TOENAIL CLIPPINGS~ no TV guide, we had ro run through the channels and write everything down. The phone in our room did not work. The bathroom had 1/16th of a roll of tissue with no spare. Red jelly rings on the kitchen counter, picture over the bed has not been Windexed in years! Filthy carpet, sticky floors -- had to wear shoes in the room! Picture in elevator shows a couch -- you have to go to the Westlake location for that!.The Grab & Go breakfast bar had nothing but junk food -- nothing fresh to be found. If I hadn't told my family I was there, I would have moved elsewhere. I met them at Bahama Breeze because I was too embarrased to have them in my scummy room. What can be done to please us?? HOW ABOUT A REFUND!!!!!!! AND AN APOLOGY WOULDN'T HURT, EITHER! I wouldn't recommend this toilet to ANYONE -- wouldn't even do it to someone I don't like!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane Lynn W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Diane - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our staff to better improve our offerings moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CBH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here one night and it was OK. Not somewhere to take a date or want to show off to anyone. Carpets are stained and the place looks OK from the outside as does the lobby but the hallways could use some work. The room was basically clean except for under the bed but Who goes under there except on the last sweep to see if you left anything. The insulation of floors and doors and all is minimal. Although we did not really "hear" anyone we were concerned we were the ones to get a complaint with the 4 kids but we did not. There is a whole foods and other shops VERY close but may be just out of a walk range with bags. TV was not super clear but OK. 2 double beds, 2 burner stove top, micro, fridge (descent size). Not much in the way of pots and pans but I bet you could have asked at the desk if need be. Might stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about the location of our hotel. However, I am very sorry that the level of cleanliness throughout our property did not meet your expectations. We are working to improve our cleaning procedures and are replacing the carpets in all guests rooms in June. Still, I appreciate your comments about the location of our hotel and how much you enjoyed the in-room kitchen.

Lebanon, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This Extended Stay America was clean and close to restaurants, shopping, etc. Very courteous and affordable. We had to be in Cleveland for medical reasons and the staff was very helpful and nice. The grab and go breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Kitchenettes are nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and the grab and go breakfast. This is a new feature for us, so it is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed it!